Sign in to follow this  
lidistick

Xmas is early this year

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Getting installed tomorrow. Then aligned. Then crazy mad road trip next week.

then brakes, manual Gbox and then track day.

The recoup all money spent by working like a mad man for the next 6 months and here we go again :D

Sweet mate, how much lower will it be?

1.5" front

1.0" rear.

dunno in mm's.

get rid of the fugly gap in the front.

That's about 38mm front 25mm rear.

DAMN. rides just fine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My front springs aren't captive so they gave me this to help with that. I thought they were somesort of christmas pressie for the wife. Anyone knows what they do?

Posted Image

The rear rubs when I'm turning left. Not yet driving me nuts... but guards need to be rolled.

Peek of my pink springs. Posted Image

Correct me if I'm wrong (highly likely) but I think those things they gave you are to put between the strut and the spring so the springs are captive.This will make the car higher though.

Hey, car's coming along nicely. Btw, are your wheels the 18x8 RCs off TradeMe? The ones without the centrecaps sold by the Hamilton shop (forgot their name).

but I don't want the front higher. It looks great as it is. I probably will have to shorten the shock then.

Yuen, the RC's were from a wreckers here in Hamilton. Mosen Euro. Does that help? They have heaps of stuff there. Much cheaper than SD european and Mike is great.

Id imagen theyll be pretty soft so when the shock is fully extended they hold the spring in but when its compressed it dont add much...same way keeper springs work on coilovers.

Shortened shocks would be better though, only cost $40 to get mine done so theyre not expensive

but I don't want the front higher. It looks great as it is. I probably will have to shorten the shock then.

Yuen, the RC's were from a wreckers here in Hamilton. Mosen Euro. Does that help? They have heaps of stuff there. Much cheaper than SD european and Mike is great.

Yup! I was after those exact wheels :P I had 17" RCs but they were stolen. After some enquiries with Mosen, I took some time to think about it. The next time I decided I wanted them, they were already gone :( Good to see they went to a fellow member on the forums though! :lol: Btw, did you go to those wheels from stock 15"s? They should be around 18lbs I think, I was wondering whether the car feels more sluggish after putting them on.

Edited by Yuen

Yup! I was after those exact wheels :P I had 17" RCs but they were stolen. After some enquiries with Mosen, I took some time to think about it. The next time I decided I wanted them, they were already gone :( Good to see they went to a fellow member on the forums though! :lol: Btw, did you go to those wheels from stock 15"s? They should be around 18lbs I think, I was wondering whether the car feels more sluggish after putting them on.

I did go from stock to these babies. While they are light for an 18" they are not as light as a 15 so yes there is a difference. No more drifting out of corners in the wet :blink: My consumption has definitely gone up. City driving gets me 7kms/L and highway driving gets me 9~9.5kms/L. its not that sluggish. Its my autobox that's making me sluggish... and no coffee in the morning -_-

Id imagen theyll be pretty soft so when the shock is fully extended they hold the spring in but when its compressed it dont add much...same way keeper springs work on coilovers.

Shortened shocks would be better though, only cost $40 to get mine done so theyre not expensive

Cool.

Do you know where I can get them shortened?