Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

Installing clear lights - '95 E36 sedan

Gidday all,

I am looking at buying some clear headlights (like these), are they fairly easy for a novice to install? I see they have 2 clips/screw holes in the top that would match up with the standard bimmer ones .. how hard is the whole wiring process, plug n play? Or would it be better to pay and auto electrician/someone who knows how to do it?

Thanks!

hey ive seen one of these in a sedan and coupe before.. IMO they ruined the front look of the car, both the black and chrome one.. best way is to just get the individual side white indicators, and either buy the angel eyes headlights (no indicators) or the angel eyes kit..

^^ Yup, go the individual kits. Dependant on your taste, go black tho imo

Back to your question lol.

Had a mate that had a pair on his and his weren't plug n play.Wiring was a bit different but he had some that the blue round things stayed on with the lights off which he had wired to another power soucre blah blah.

But ask the guy selling them anyways.

Ive got the black ones and they are not to hard to install just need abit of patience as they drove me nuts. On the wiring side, the lights plug straight in but the 'rings' are abit more differcult as they dont plug in. You have to strip the wire going to the lights and attach to the wires from the rings to them. I got my mate to do them as im no good with working with eletrical stuff

Ive got angel eyes in the Edirty... were pretty easy to hook up, just plug and play with the origional plugs and ran a new power and earth for the 'angel eyes.' Power straight from park light wire the the fuse box where i put a new fuse in a 'blank' in the fuse box, not to hard to install with a wee bit of electricla know how :)

I'm 99.9999% sure that you're going to downgrade in terms of lighting, not to mention looks. Post pics once you've done it though...

Thanks for the advice everyone ... going to get some black ones next week if all goes to plan, will let you know once I have them in - with pics too.