Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Think i may of lost my licence

never heard that one before - assumed that once you pay the ticket demerits are added so then no matter how much you pay demerits would still get added correct?

I think ill use my 28 days then just pay it, get it over and done with. Might go to ausy around xmas for a month so that will soke up some time.Just work for my uncle etc, that will be good fun. Ie run away for a month :)

Another way to keep a form of ID is to buy a replacement ID for $35, takes 2 weeks to be processed then you have two cards, one fr the police etc.

Is that deal where if you pay more than the fine asks they wipe the debt and credit you with a cheque and if you don't bank it they don't add the demerits?

I think replacement id costs $60 odd now :angry:

I think replacement id costs $60 odd now :angry:

Cost a mate of mine $35 last week ?

Cost a mate of mine $35 last week ?

Thats not bad at all. cheers

All you people arguing about the difference between 109 and 111 are missing the point.

The limit is 100, not 109.

If you were on 85/90 points already then you deserve to lose your licence.

Fines and points obviously arent enough to make you stay under the limit.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

10 Points Martyn.

Couldnt have put it better myself.

10 Points Martyn.

Or myself, Ive learnt a harsh but valid lesson

Ive had my e30 for about 5years and belive it or not ive never had a single fine of any sort in it.

Its always been in my work cars or mates cars

If you only just got the ticket then you can still make it passed new years with your license IMO. You have 28 days before reminder 1 is sent, that should take you to start of Decemeber then a further 28 days to take you to start of January. Then 2 weeks before it is refered to court.

Nah, after second 28 day reminder it is going to court straight away- I paid the fine ($30!) Six days late, and got a letter about two days later saying tough, it had aready been referred to court, with additional $30 court costs.

I was in the process of moving house and forgot. Sue me. (oh wait, they did! :angry: )

Courts didn't care, and lost my letter asking to have it remitted. Fcuking useless.

Nah, after second 28 day reminder it is going to court straight away- I paid the fine ($30!) Six days late, and got a letter about two days later saying tough, it had aready been referred to court, with additional $30 court costs.

I was in the process of moving house and forgot. Sue me. (oh wait, they did! :angry: )

Courts didn't care, and lost my letter asking to have it remitted. Fcuking useless.

similar incident with parking tickets for me. I sent in a letter - they lost it, but I said tough sh*t I'm not writing another one and they wiped the fines.

I've been driving for over 13 years and have never had a single demerit point, don't have a radar dector, and yet I still have fun and enjoy it

I've been driving for over 13 years and have never had a single demerit point, don't have a radar dector, and yet I still have fun and enjoy it

320 syndrome?