Sign in to follow this  
danutt

urgent need engine head

blew the head gasket and the head got damaged and cant be repaired

its an m40 318i motor

has anyone got one i can purchase or know a person or place that would have one????

kind regards

damian

probably cheaper just buying a 2nd hand engine to be honest. They'll either charge you the same amount for a head if not more.

probably cheaper just buying a 2nd hand engine to be honest. They'll either charge you the same amount for a head if not more.

how much would that be?

i been told itl be between 300-500?

im not looking to change the motor quite honestly and the camshaft from the old motor will go in the new head...i cant afford th labour of putting another motor in im already having the head gasket done and this is how i found out it got f$#cked

thanx for the help so far

I may have one, will know for sure on Sunday, depends on the state of the head in the new car I've got coming tomorrow? The head I'd sell has been skimmed at the local head shop so it's flat, and is in good condition, no cracks, not warped, but has no cam, only bare head with valves and springs still in. Will want $300 for it, will post Sunday if it's for sale and you are interested. Cheers.

I may have one, will know for sure on Sunday, depends on the state of the head in the new car I've got coming tomorrow? The head I'd sell has been skimmed at the local head shop so it's flat, and is in good condition, no cracks, not warped, but has no cam, only bare head with valves and springs still in. Will want $300 for it, will post Sunday if it's for sale and you are interested. Cheers.

please let me know if it is available...text me on 0211486554

it would be great if i could get it this weekend :)

if that doesn't work out i have a complete low millage m40 318i engine from a 91 318i .

still in car runs well . $900.

if that doesn't work out i have a complete low millage m40 318i engine from a 91 318i .

still in car runs well . $900.

have you got a replacement head for my car?

i cannot afford a new motor to be put in and the cars already at bmw

Hey, sorry, the head on my new car's gone so I don't have one for sale at the moment.

have you got a replacement head for my car?

i cannot afford a new motor to be put in and the cars already at bmw

no only have complete engine , would never take head off a good engine , never be able to sell the block