Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Opinions please fellas

As topic

Bearing in mind that mine is shadowlined and I would be wanting to black my kidneys aswell....

post-116-1162706468_thumb.jpg post-116-1162706601_thumb.jpg

Edited by martyyn

imo, that car looks very tidy with chromed kids as its keeps the balance from the side of car and wheels + shiny lights. Looks tidy, esp. for an adult. Teens may like to dumb it down tho...

Im not a fan of putting current shape additions on previous model cars. The wheels look good, but they are suited to a 745i. If it was my car I would choose wheels from the era, which can still look very good. I remember the 750i off a recent James Bond movie had really funky MSport wheels, which were obviously designed to suit that specific model. As far as the lights go I would stick with factory stuff. I would go with facelift lights (98-01) on your vehicle as the ones in the picture look quite tacky. Sure they will impress a few people, but to any true BMW fan, and you will risk your car looking like a christmas tree - over decorated.

But hey, thats just by opinion...

Im not a fan of putting current shape additions on previous model cars. The wheels look good, but they are suited to a 745i. If it was my car I would choose wheels from the era, which can still look very good. I remember the 750i off a recent James Bond movie had really funky MSport wheels, which were obviously designed to suit that specific model. As far as the lights go I would stick with factory stuff. I would go with facelift lights (98-01) on your vehicle as the ones in the picture look quite tacky. Sure they will impress a few people, but to any true BMW fan, and you will risk your car looking like a christmas tree - over decorated.

But hey, thats just by opinion...

Im not asking about the wheels, as you can see from my sig I have 18' polished m-pars and with the sports suspension its low enough already.

Its also shadowlined and the bumpers are colour-coded so Im not sure where you get the xmas tree analogy from as mine has no chrome on it whatsoever.

As for the lights, going with the facelift lights means I either fit facelift front guards (mucho dollaro) or get some panel beater to bodge it as the headlights and indicators are a different shape.

Im interested to know why you think the facelift lights would look any better than keeping the original shape but going with angel eyes ? Is it because the facelift are round rather than square ?

I think it will definitely be an improvement to the car! Not sure about blacking out your kidneys though, as the colour might not work with such a mod.