Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Im bringing sexy back

I didnt say it would, said would be hard to on a 7" anyhow. I said for 8" possibly.

No way would I have the widest possible, balloon look looks horrible, plus dosent work that well for the rim, problem that ive got now on my 7" rim, 225 are too wide,definatly going to go for 205 next time. 205 are about the perfect size for a 7" rim, which is what Id rather than strech or terrible balloon look. If you're just going for looks, then stretched looks cool IMO.

yeah I was agreeing with you about the 7" stretching. I'm surprised you think 225 are too wide for a 7" rim, specified size is generally 6-8 in. Slightly oversized look better than slightly undersized. I aree with you about extreme balloning but some cars look sweet with massive tyres crammed on, in much the same way that some cars manage to pull of stretched tyres.

can you post up some info regarding rims/spacer/tyres chris?

the best way for performance is having a pretty much flat sidewall as far as im aware, theres an equation I worked out, and 205 was the closest in the way of width as a 7inch rim. 225 more suted to an 8.

Im running 16x9's all round, with 205/40 rubber - only because if it was any bigger the guards would eat my tyres... Im running 15mm spacers on the back and 25mm + a 2mm spacer to clear the strut, the car the wheels came off was a 318i thus thinner struts so they fit sweet with the 25mm i just had the 2mm welded onto the back of the 25mm...

How do you find those tyres? Performane wise. Also what did you pay? From what I could make out on the sidewall they are Hankook H405's?

Actually they are pretty good, sticky as, even with the stretch, i paid 140 each fitted and balanced

the wheels are RH Cupards i beleive they are the only set in the country... They are genuine and made in germany.

post-590-1163848412_thumb.jpg

Edited by sakdbma

Guest Spargo

They are indeed cup - rads.

Remember the TM auction for them Chris? I even found out for you the part numbers to prove that they weren't 16x10" - seeing as they were never made that size.

Haha yea i remember that, the dude i got them off was trying to pass them off as 16x10's when infact they are 16x9's but i seem to recall you saying they were borbets?? May have been someone else though

do you know the offset of them? there real nice, 10 points. loving the dish

Edited by bumpdE30

haha yea the pre f/l 316i lol the most feral car ever. the wheels were shyt when i got them, buckled, chipped crap paint etc etc. so crap. Spent 1600 on them getting them straighted re-spun etc, but well worth it. they are 15 offset me thinks, have 15mm spacers on rear and 25mm + a 2mm spacer on the front to clear the strut. (Running 52mm 325 struts not standy 48mm?? 320i ones. i could get away with just the 25mm spacer on standy 320i ones.

Edited by sakdbma

I doubt they are are 15mm offset, most people running 16x9 need an overall offset of roughly 10mm to clear the strut.

15mm i think is without spacers... wait... ill check tunershop

okay... looks like tunershop dont make them in 16" anymore, i guess making them all the more rare. the 15x8 ones have an offset of 30 which i guess is about right with me saying these are 15 offset as the 25mm spacer makes up the offset to 40, about right for an e30??? correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure they are 15 offest. will check and say if they are or not the next time i take them off

Edited by sakdbma

nah nah, its like they will be 40mm offset and now they are 15mm offset cos u put 25mm spacers on? lol offsets confuse me!

Yea ^^ something like what he said. Im not 100% sure but they fit and thats all that matters!!! bahaha

nah nah, its like they will be 40mm offset and now they are 15mm offset cos u put 25mm spacers on? lol offsets confuse me!

Yip, thats what I was thinking.

Just to clear a few things up...

Ideal offset changes depending on the width of the wheel, eg 6" wheel is ET35, 7" is ET25ish, while a 9" wheel is between 10-15, some get way with 15 while others have to use ET10.

The wider rim you go, the more critical getting the correct offset is. Too low (ET5 or something) and your wheels will stick out to far, to high (ET40 or some fwd offset and you might hit the struts or brake calipers.

Offset is the distance between the centerline of the rim and the mounting face of the rim, hence why it changes depending on rim width.

If you have wheels with a positive offset (ET40) then adding say a 25mm spacer will reduce the overall offset to 15.

Generally a 17x7 rim with ET35 will fit but the wheels will sit too far in and it doesn't look right (No offence to anyone running that setup)

But as you said there on and look pretty dam sweet so all good.

PWND... ratshit, got reversed into this afternoon after picking my car up after some suspension mods. Brand New Holden Crewman sideswiped a rav4 then reversed into me. They are paying so all good. Should get back before new years or so i hope. Towbar went through the kidney grill and bottom of the tray raped my bonnet.

Anyone that is well aquainted with precision autowerke could you please pm as i would like to nominate them as the repairers.

Oh and Gus i txt you but i also need one of your recon'd p steering racks if you still got em'

Europlated......

sorry bout the cell phone pic.

Shes all go again now, still got a funny 'scrolling' noise coming from the driveline, but ill get that sorted.

post-590-1178764960_thumb.jpg

rear end sweet? get it aligned? driving sweet now dude

Na no wheel alignment yet, getting paid monthly sucks.

You be at the meet tonight?? Ill take you 4 a drive and let u have a listen to see if we can find where the 'scrolling' is coming from.

I like it. I like it alot.

Still haven't got around to ordering mine yet.

I think they'd look better with black edges. electrical tape for a photo maybe?