Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

E36 service lights, ignition "on" beeping sound

but why? i have built my 325i myself..something that would have cost ridiculous amounts of labour (ie could not have afforded to do it being a student)...and has been perfectly reliable. only issue was the wiring, which i was happy to admit i was out of my depth and paid to have it done.

as for 'stooging around in a beamer' i couldnt care less what brand it is, i like the way e30s look, and i wanted it to drive better

i can understand you not liking rangi and dangerous fixes, but who gives a sh*t if someone chooses to work on their cars rather than getting reamed by other people for them to do the work?

would you pay someone 100 or so bucks in the dealer just to replace your engine oil and take that oil change light off?? i am perfectly capable of doing that job than some guy who will probably rush it into an 1 hr slot..

i tend to let the oil drip for as long as i can before placing the new one in. I never rush any job i do to my car and if I KNOW i cant do something, i will gladly pay someone who knows to do it for me, and in return i have not even broken down once or had any major damages to any of my 3 cars nor failed any warrants (civic 2 years, integra 2 1/2 years, mah 3 series recent)

i will not be ruled over by some light that blinks for a few secs on my dashboard telling me to bring my car into a garage... i am perfectly capable of making that decision.

hey, do you need to buy that bmw pin thing as in the instruction? or can you just buy any other pin that would fit into the hole?

You can just use a paper clip, I remember people using them.

would you pay someone 100 or so bucks in the dealer just to replace your engine oil and take that oil change light off?? i am perfectly capable of doing that job than some guy who will probably rush it into an 1 hr slot..

i tend to let the oil drip for as long as i can before placing the new one in. I never rush any job i do to my car and if I KNOW i cant do something, i will gladly pay someone who knows to do it for me, and in return i have not even broken down once or had any major damages to any of my 3 cars nor failed any warrants (civic 2 years, integra 2 1/2 years, mah 3 series recent)

i will not be ruled over by some light that blinks for a few secs on my dashboard telling me to bring my car into a garage... i am perfectly capable of making that decision.

I think you are missing the point.Wether you do the work yourself ,or the dealer, or an experienced independent ,or the garage down the road the servicing schedules set by BMW are a good way to keep your car in very good operating condition.Just remember though that people buying a car may want to see some proof that it has been serviced.When i do my oil services,i initial and date my service book,otherwise i make sure that the place that services does.To me its not so important who does it as long as it has been done,and properly.