Sign in to follow this  
m_power

Best bimmer for 6k?

ok, so lets say your 15 and have your restricted, you want a used bmw, what do you buy? possible options i thought of are: 325 e30, 325 e36, 2002, 525 e28...what do you think would be the best bmw that has power, is safe, comfortable and reliable? thoughts please....thanks

Edited by bmw_beau

a mint E30 325 would be the go

motorsport if possible.

however being 15 and on restricted you would prob n00b out.

e30 318 or 320? save the change for upkeep and keeping in good nick

na buy a 325 or start with a 318 dont even go to a 320 i have one,

325!!

and just dont n00b out be gay with it and put chromes on it, leave it stock till you know your bimmers?

If you want a car to actually learn something from, get a 318 E30. Do your own servicing and repairs, very easy engine to work on, lots of room in the engine bay. Can look real nice when done up, plenty of go for a 15 year old, and a good start to go on from.

If you want a car to actually learn something from, get a 318 E30. Do your own servicing and repairs, very easy engine to work on, lots of room in the engine bay. Can look real nice when done up, plenty of go for a 15 year old, and a good start to go on from.

...i have my learners now and got a bmw e30 316, but it has not got the power on the motor ways when i need to pass, and i was thinking of upgrading in 6 or so months...and i definitaly wouldnt be to noob to buy a 325...haha... Edited by bmw_beau

A 320 would be fine, you can pick up some nice early 90s ones for around 4-5k, just looks around, test drive them if you can of course.

yeah id say go for an e30 car, would be a good first car. my cousin has got a 316i e30 manual.. and he has no prob with it and its in 190k's but still goin strong... and he got it i believe for less than 2k...

it pays to shop around a bit and test drive when you can.

oh and dont forget to ask the e30 guru's for things to check out in particular on e30s.

Edited by Docile

just get a manual, or make sure you have cash to convert in the not to distant future.

I'd be more concerned with finding a really tidy body than what engines in it, that can be changed easily enough.

oh yeh, make sure to check if your looking at a car with a sun roof if its leaking. pour some water on it and see if it leaks. my cousins one he found out too late LOL!!..

here is a pretty decent e30: a do up, but will do for a first car i guess( you get to tinker around) :)

dont like the mags but you might

320i

Edited by Docile

Get this. It's got good spec, it's a manual 325i, and it's just a little bit unusual in a tasteful 80s original aftermarket kit way. Plus, and this is just me making a generalization from the photos, the owners obviously love it because they have a massive oversize garage and an E46 Cabrio, too.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...&key=222176

Edited by ThreeOneEight

Andrew, can you put this thread in an appropriate forum, and keep this for the race series. Thank you, Conrad

oh yeh, make sure to check if your looking at a car with a sun roof if its leaking. pour some water on it and see if it leaks. my cousins one he found out too late LOL!!..

here is a pretty decent e30: a do up, but will do for a first car i guess( you get to tinker around) :)

dont like the mags but you might

320i

Haha i wouldnt touch that car with a 10 foot pole. i dont know the seller but the way i have seen that car driven is. well. lets just say dont go there...

That is mean.

damn dats mean !! but hes only 15 LOL a 535 LOL.. doubt he will be able to drive it around much hahah

pimping would get the school girls for sure haha,

and i think its soo cool! nice wheels

and the gear knob on that white e30 is scaring me wtf?

Yeh that white pre f/l is a whore of a car.Pulled up at the lights next to me and i had a full car and she started revving her "awesome deep sounding dumpy" which sounds like a diesel with a hole in the exhaust.

Didnt do anything and drove off.

Dont go near it.

That is mean.

yeh it is pretty mean aye...how do the 535 go? would they blow the doors off a 325 e36?

That 535 was forsale last year for a fair bit more than that. I know prices have dropped somewhat, but assuming it sold last year, why the sudden sell for so much less???

Yeh that white pre f/l is a whore of a car.Pulled up at the lights next to me and i had a full car and she started revving her "awesome deep sounding dumpy" which sounds like a diesel with a hole in the exhaust.

Didnt do anything and drove off.

Dont go near it.

well i didnt know that <_< thats why you should never buy without checking the car

yeh it is pretty mean aye...how do the 535 go? would they blow the doors off a 325 e36?

well there is about 20 or so horsepower difference..and it will not blow away a 325ie36 in a straight line ( e34 535i = SOHC str8 6 211hp 9 secs 0 - 100km), (e36 325i = DOHC str8 6, 190hp7 secs 0-100km) as the 535i weights more,power to weight ration is better on the e36.

BUT !! roll up in that 535i damn !! COOLNESS!!.. way cooler than a e36...

but as a 15 year old, i would not recommend you getting one of either, you are not responsible enough and your really just too young for one of these.. i would just recommend a small 318i or a 320i..you just got your lincese man and we dont want another dead kid in the streets doing stupid things

Edited by Docile

Definitly an E30, I'm 16 and bought an E30 320i auto and have learnt a lot form playing around with it (wouldnt mind a conversion to manual, getting a bit boring to drive).

I'd say you could get a nice manual E30 or E36 for <$6000