Sign in to follow this  
savvi

getrag 260 issues

yesterday i drove from chch to cromwell 450ks and lost 5th gear it just wouldnt select it tryed a couple of more times and it felt very slushy and a extremely long thro i mean i litteraly had to take the ash tray and console unit out so the gear stick didnt hit it,same with third gear it was also long thro and fly wheel is a bit rattly by the sound of it with a substantial leak coming from gearbox every 5 secs when running coming from the top of the box.

i think theres something very loose gear selector shaft or components.

any advice would b great chur

Guest Andrew

yesterday i drove from chch to cromwell 450ks and lost 5th gear it just wouldnt select it tryed a couple of more times and it felt very slushy and a extremely long thro i mean i litteraly had to take the ash tray and console unit out so the gear stick didnt hit it,same with third gear it was also long thro and fly wheel is a bit rattly by the sound of it with a substantial leak coming from gearbox every 5 secs when running coming from the top of the box.

i think theres something very loose gear selector shaft or components.

any advice would b great chur

The selector shaft is broken - i did the same on my race car. You'll see it has a split in it when you take it out.

The selector shaft is broken - i did the same on my race car. You'll see it has a split in it when you take it out.

yes it was the selector that, can some one advise me were to get replacement and the clips and bushes etc cause i think the other end of the selector shaft probly needs overhauled to, thanks

Chch bmw, and do a z3 short shift at the same time, i think i know what your talking bout?? but the dealer could be a good place.

Are all the gears sloppy?

yeah they did feel abit sloppy, also dropping more oil from the top of the box

Guest Spargo

Are all the gears sloppy?

Will just jump straight back out with a grinding sound. Every other gear is fine.