Sign in to follow this  
Miller

KYB Shocks

Hi

I am upgrading my rear shocks in my e36. I have been recomended kyb shocks. Are these any good? Any other brands that you think are better?

I was quoted $160 for both of them. This was on sale.

Thanks

Guest Spargo

koni single adjustables with eibach springs or bilstein shocks mated to h&r springs.

Do the whole lot - not just the rears.

Yea the car is already lowered on H&R springs all round. The front shocks arnt to bad but the rears are fu*ked. At the moment i only want to replace the rears. I dont want to break the bank. So i just want some good cheap shocks. The car is just for day to day use, its not a track car, lol. I just want it to handle a bit better. Thanks

good ... and cheap ... in the same sentance ? such a thing exists :o!

Edited by E30stz

If you dont want to break the bank then go with the KYB, I have fitted them at work to E36's & they are quite ok for a middle of the road shock, as said erlier - DONT go Monroe - they are crap on Beemers - leave them for the Fords & Holdens.

leave them for ford and holdens? wtf? bahah

anyway... munroes used to be good, now theyre sh*t.

Kybs are a good shock, if its just a road car, thats all Id go with, fairly cheap too. Obviously bilsteins and konis are better, but as I said, road car, just go with kybs.

i'm running kybs all round and they started getting sloppy after 30 thou k. like has been said: fine for a road car, it's up to you what is most important, cost or performance and how long will you keep the car etc, what do you drive like, make an educated decision based on the comments made in this thread and you will be happy.

Pay the money and get some Bilsteins.

handling is much sharper. rebuildable and worth every cent. :)