Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Reason 3

Guest Spargo

Anyone using it? Where to obtain and how much?

Can it be used to link decks or a cdj to import - ie: rip from a deck or a cdj, and export that as a wav file or similar?

I've got a newish version of Reason, not sure what the version no. is. It makes phat beats.

Haven't played around all the mad features yet. I'll see if that can be done. It can definitely export to .wav files.

(p.s. I can also hook a brutha up...PM me)

Not really designed for the wheels of steel...

"Reason" is a powerhouse rack based audio-processing software. Its got sampling, drum machines, synthesizers, distortion, reverb, instrument banks/patches e.t.c... Its the shiz for producing hip hop beats or dance music.

I'm pretty sure that you can't hook up anything live unless its a midi interface.

You can plug in an ordinary midi keyboard and almost transform it into a $10,000 synthesiser, but you can't manipulate a live mic or guitar input.

Seems like the only way to use is reason is record your turntable music/ cdj into a .wav file or similar, then use the sampling machines in reason to reproduce it.

Try "final scratch".... but word on tha street is that you might need linux.... gotta be white and nerdy to figure that sh*t out....

*coughs*

soundforge 8 for recording single waves

Ableton 6 or Cubase SX3 or 4 for multitrack recording

Reson is good for a few things. but we mainly use it as an instrument and some sequencing features. its not a reocrding progam, Use it rewired too ableton or cubase.

Djing software wise ... there is stanton final scratch .. but the feature are a lil less.

Go Serato Scratch Live

What are people's opinions on Native Instruments software? I'm a huge fan of the B4 (Hammond B3 Simulator, With about a bazillion features)

Drum kit + Roland Midi interface + computers = Badass.

Fruity loops FTW!

i started out on fruity loops.

reason is great for what we were doing, create whole song electronicly then replace the instuments one by one

(3 in the band - me vox - one mate all live instruments - and one for production/song writing)

works great, gott aget your head around a little but once your into it is a piece of piss.