Sign in to follow this  
E30stz

M40 1.8L Engine

Engine was from a NZ Spec model with windy windows, no sunroof, no aircon, hubcaps etc. M40B18 engine (Model M40 motor 1.8L)

Engine was running fine when removed. Have got compression ratings. 180 185 180 175 (taken not long prior to the accident which was a rear end hit that didnt affect the engine) which are documented as part of the service history.

Trying to gauge interest in it right now, if your interested please leave a question and I'll get back to you. This engine was sold a month ago but buyer is still yet to follow through with there intentions.

This price includes - water pump, injectors, exhaust manifold(taken off), distributor, spark plugs, alternator(taken off), starter motor, airflow meter, flexi hose, airfilter, ECU etc. A few of the belts were removed when I was taking out the powersteering. They may be included if I still have them.

The engine was pair with a manual transmission which is NOT included in this sale. I repeat NO TRANSMISSION :D!.

The car dealer whom I bought this off told me this engine was reconditioned but I have no documents to suggest it was. For what its worth the compression figures are good for an E30, better than ive seen on all others I looked into buying.

0274657338 if you wish to know more.

This motor is able to be used in the BMW Race series. It is a 1.8L from a NZ New 316. The NZ New 316's came with 1.8L blocks as standard. Can confirm this with bmw or come read it off the block.

- These parts were the parts off my original E30 Race Series car which was rear ended in late May. All funds will be going towards my new E30 Race Series car which is currently being built and will hopefully run in the next round of racing in January next year. Money gathered from selling these parts will be going to a genuine cause.

Auction here http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.as...024&ed=true

Cheers

Andy

Edited by E30stz