Sign in to follow this  
m_power

BMW 316

Just a quick pic of my 1990 bmw 316, standard at the moment apart from vortex muffer, pod filter and lowering springs for xmas...

post-1483-1165431852_thumb.jpg

post-1483-1165431900_thumb.jpg

wow!!!! nice find!!

its immaculate, sweet car

do the bottle caps grey hah would look kinda cool maybe? and leave lip the same

nice. good base to work off

thanks for your messages guys...its all i wanted for my 1st car just a mint tidy little e30, got the looks and its cheap to run.

htfu emma :P .. this guys taking longer than a woman to decide whether its your car or not... its unfair :(!

Sounds like me mate, getting a 89 Coupe 316 soon.Good buy, mint as!

oh yeh, has ur 1 got air con, or is it budget like my 1? lol...no rev counter, no air con, no power steer...

- no fogs

- no air con

- no sunroof

- no rev counter

- windy windows

- european rear numberplate holder

- grey cloth seats (with vinyl door cars ?)

classic NZ New 316i characteristics. Also they came with hubcaps not bottlecaps, but I mean .. the first thing I did to mine was change it to bottlecaps so I wouldnt be surprised if the previous owners of yours did the same. Emma's is still rolling on hubcaps.

The only thing you dont know that may benefit you is as far as I know all NZ New 316i's came out with a 1.8L block. It was just part of hte NZ spec ones, which isnt seen on imported versions.

If you wish to check I can show you where to find hte code on the engine but its really hard to get to.

Edited by E30stz

- no fogs

- no air con

- no sunroof

- no rev counter

- windy windows

- european rear numberplate holder

- grey cloth seats (with vinyl door cars ?)

classic NZ New 316i characteristics. Also they came with hubcaps not bottlecaps, but I mean .. the first thing I did to mine was change it to bottlecaps so I wouldnt be surprised if the previous owners of yours did the same. Emma's is still rolling on hubcaps.

The only thing you dont know that may benefit you is as far as I know all NZ New 316i's came out with a 1.8L block. It was just part of hte NZ spec ones, which isnt seen on imported versions.

If you wish to check I can show you where to find hte code on the engine but its really hard to get to.

yep thats the specs of my one...lol...my 1 came with hubs but i put the bottle caps on, yeh i did know that they had 318 block, thanks for comment.

yep thats the specs of my one...lol...my 1 came with hubs but i put the bottle caps on, yeh i did know that they had 318 block, thanks for comment.

great car! ive had 2 316i's and loved them both!

did they reeeealy have 1.8? im quite sure that they were a 1.6L

they have SLIGHTly smaller capacity than a 318...v small difference though..prob more a 1.7?

Hi Cam, thanks again for your help with the car. It's reged as a 316, and badged as such also. I pulled the motor but haven't done anything with the block, so don't know if the rods and crank are different from the 318. The bore and pistons are the same as the 318, 83.9mm pistons. The ecu is different, as is the airflow meter, its smaller. I thought that the 318's badged as 316's were only the last of the imports, not a general thing with all the 316's? By the way, the car's ready for the Jan meet now.

yeah same piston bore...i think its a slightly shorter stroke