Sign in to follow this  
conrod

M42 JE forged pistons

I just bought a job lot of race car parts, mostly for my S14, but there were a few other odd bits in the mix, these were one of the things. Thought I'd throw the offer out here first. They are 83.6mm JE forged pistons for an M42. Originally made for a development engine for an NZ touring car,they use only one compression ring and one oil ring, for lower friction (same as the S14 and S42 sprint engines) Anyway, if they are of any use to anyone, I am offering them for $600 with rings and gudgeon pins and circlips,all brand new never been fitted etc. These would cost you $1500 normally, $600 is the price if anyone wants them.

cheers conrad

post-764-1165566523_thumb.jpg

question for the viewers: Could you get the tops dished out to lower compression for a turbo application ? if so ... this would be perfect for someone looking to forge and boost an m42.

They are 12mm thick in the crowns, so you certainly have the scope to machine them down.