Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

100W blue bulbs in e30?

Hi

I am asking wether it would be safe ( for the car ) to run 100W white or blue bulbs in my ellipsoid smiles in the e30?

I know it has 55W and drawing almost twice the power cant be too good but someone else mentioned they have been running it for a while and its fine.

Anything else on the same circuit?

Im not doing the full beams, and will only be changing the color on the fogs, not wattage as well.

So only the low beams.

It would seem logical to uprate fuses but then the wiring might not be ok with more power?? Not sure!!!!!

Cheers

It needs to look more badass, lacking atm :unsure:

just get 55w blue bulbs you wont notice feck all difference. i have them in all my front lights. they are bright enough!!! always have people flashing me at night and im only on lows!!

Nah i had them i reckon that would be because you have nice shiny new headlights?? What brand did you buy maybe yours were better?? Would be interested to try the same ones out etc first to save some hassle! cheers man

yeah theyll work fine, dont change your fuses as that will burn out wires, but just bare in mind that they probably wont last as long as a 55w bulb, be prepared to buy new ones in 4-6 months

yeah theyll work fine, dont change your fuses as that will burn out wires, but just bare in mind that they probably wont last as long as a 55w bulb, be prepared to buy new ones in 4-6 months

Did you notice much difference on your E36? worthwhile change?

I put them in my E36 but I wondered at the time if they were actually 100W or really 100W equivalent, which is an indication of relative brightness, rather than power consumption. I wouldn't bother again.

Did you notice much difference on your E36? worthwhile change?

a little difference not much, but was changing to arctic aswell so it might of just been that, they blew about 6 months later thoe, one blew then i went to change it turned on the lights and the other one blew, so both went basically at the same time, a few days apart.