Sign in to follow this  
Grant

Baby Car Seat Anchor Bolt Hole

Hi All

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but here goes...

Does anyone know if an E36 has pre-drilled an anchor bolt hole for a baby car seat? I didn't realise that these had to be actually anchored to the car.

The nice lady in the shop said that I may have one already in the car, but I'm not sure yet (haven't had the chance to look). Otherwise it will be out with Mr Drill!!

Cheers

Grant

Hi All

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but here goes...

Does anyone know if an E36 has pre-drilled an anchor bolt hole for a baby car seat? I didn't realise that these had to be actually anchored to the car.

The nice lady in the shop said that I may have one already in the car, but I'm not sure yet (haven't had the chance to look). Otherwise it will be out with Mr Drill!!

Cheers

Grant

my sisters coupe did.

Look under the parcel tray in the boot you will see them, drill through the holes to create a hole on the parcel tray to bolt through.

my sisters coupe did.

Look under the parcel tray in the boot you will see them, drill through the holes to create a hole on the parcel tray to bolt through.

Magic, thanks Glenn.

3 pedals could answer this, I'm sure.

Are you at work on Monday Grant? If so, I can swing by between meetings.

Cheers.

Yup, will be at work on Monday. Have a meeting at 10, but should be back by 11.30. Give me a call, and we should have a coffee.

Also I managed to find the anchor hole, drill through the parcel tray, and get the seat anchor installed. Took all of 10 minutes.

The SAAB already had the anchor built in, so that was handy.

Cheers

Grant

If drilling holes, do try to NOT do what I did in my Fiat 124 Coupe in 1974 - drilling through the floor to create mounting holes for the belts and found out that the fuel line goes right where I wanted to fit the bolt. Somewhere, there's possibley still an old F124C with a piece of plastic tubing holding the fuel line together.... ;)

Just for future reference, to avoid damaging the thread in the anchor hole if drilling from underneath the parcel shelf, do what I did and use a solderong iron to melt through the shelf from the boot.

This also avoids the danger of catching the threads of fabric on the drill and ruining your shelf.

It is far tidier.

Cheers.

this is guna sound rough but when we put our one in we just got a short handled philips screwdriver and stabed it through the parcel tray, worked a charm and then the bolt went straight in! i was practically laying in the boot for a while whilst doing it so possibly a job comfortable for a short/small person like me lol!!