Sign in to follow this  
M325is

Electric Fan

So my viscous doesnt work and a new one is a bit beyond my budget at the mo so I got myself a 12" cooling fan that I can switch on an off over the summer.

My question is...

It doesnt really fit behind the radiator so infront it must be, or is there a better way of going about it?

Anybody fitted one before, tips on which button to wire it to???

Sooner the answer the better if there is a more effective way as the mounts are being made tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Front works fine [as long as the fan is turning the right direction]

Try and fit a temperature switch from a jappa [heaven forbid] into the cooling system [prefer lower radiator] wire it in series from the ignition to the fan to the switch to earth [you can also parrallel wire a manual override switch in as well]

Most Temp/switches have a 20degree overlap between switching on and off [don't use Mazda,as you'll need a reverse pole relay]

did.does your car have air con, of so you can plug it into the air con fan power plug, there may be on there already, its by the passenger side headlight, and it has 3 pins, if there is one, wire it to this, one pin is positive and two are earth, i found on my fan (bmw fan though) that when one of the earths is earthed fan goes slow, when both are earthed fan goes fast - excellent for traffic in summer!!

anyway, there is heaps of space in front of radiator so yeah, chuck it there.

No Air-con. Yeh I guessed I'd have to spin the fan around.

Sweet thanks for help guys.