Sign in to follow this  
will

Alley's new broom...

Thought I would post a preview of Alley's new ride. She has wanted one for as long as I can remember. I have not finished it completely yet, have done a list of things to it as long as your arm and still some to go, but would appreciate comments as to what you think so far.

I have taken dozens of pics of the whole process and will post a full story of the rebuild as soon as I have figured how to embed the pics in the text of the write-up, not just attach them as I can only do now. (senility rules... :wacko: )

And grateful thanks to Gus for taking the time to view it some time ago for me to make sure it wasn't a rusty piece of sh*t... we will have beers next time I am down.... :P

Will

lovely car, looks much stauncher with the subtle mods done to it.

Personally I'm not sure whether I prefer more black trim, over 100% colour coded but so far it looks brilliant. Boot big enough for the dogs?

My guess is a 318i touring with the single vent front valance.

Edited by E30stz

My guess is a 318i touring with the single vent front valance.

It is a manual 325i.

New rego holder on the way there young Will, I don't like the VTNZ one :P

Edited by BMW POWER

Clear fronts and sides + euro plate + alpinas = the nuts !

Seriously good looking cars the e30 tourings....well done.

Yeah nice car Will

I want one myself but I'm thinking s52 conversion for mine.. haha

Clear fronts and sides + euro plate + alpinas = the nuts !

Yup, clear sides coming and indicator lenses when I can find someone to send me the indicator lenses I like, don't like the crystal ones that are available locally. The guys that have them on Ebay don't post to NZ.... :(

Europlate coming too..

Tried hard for a set of Alpinas a while ago but they were too expensive in the end, but I have a set of 16" rims which are going on when I have finished polishing/painting them.

New rego holder on the way there young Will, I don't like the VTNZ one :P

Thanks Em, but as long as it doesn't have the word Honda on it anywhere... ^_^

and enough of the 'young'!! I am enjoying my senility.. :wacko:

Will

Thanks Em, but as long as it doesn't have the word Honda on it anywhere... ^_^

and enough of the 'young'!! I am enjoying my senility.. :wacko:

Will

Worse...

Posted Image

:P

The guys that have them on Ebay don't post to NZ.... :(

I can sort that out for you....do you just want the clear but not the crystal ?

I can sort that out for you....do you just want the clear but not the crystal ?

Hi Martyyn, yes, just the clears. I have emailed a couple of sites in the UK that have them and they will post to OZ but not NZ...????!!!! Can't figure it out.

There is one site there that may but havn't got any response to my emails despite trying a few times. Don't want to buy and find there is some sort of problem getting it here after paying for them.

This is the auction, will show you what I am after.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

cheers

Will

Worse...

Posted Image

:P

Em, I may be senile but I'm DEFINITELY not senile enough to drive a Merc..!!!!! :lol:

if u still cant get them my bro lives in london and he can buy on his ebay acc, then all u hve to do is sort out freight?

hve ben looking into a little, keen to start importing things like this from the uk and states, so sik of lack of stuff on offer in nz

This is the auction, will show you what I am after.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Those are the guys I was going to recommend. Ive bought several sets of lenses through them and they are great. Im probably going to be getting some side repeaters so if you do want some let me know and maybe we can combine and save some postage :-)

PM me if your interested.

Something else to consider is that I bought some crystal ones from them, but have just put the lenses on and not the whole indicator. What I found was that it was the reflector on the indicator that gave it such a horribly bright look and that with the standard indicator 'housing' they look a lot neater.

I can try and get some pictures if you want, but it might not be for a day or two.

Em, I may be senile but I'm DEFINITELY not senile enough to drive a Merc..!!!!! :lol:

No but you are senile enough to drive a BMW with a Merc rego holder on it.

Hell my "olds" are 45 and have a BMW gone Merc lol :P

Edited by BMW POWER

No but you are senile enough to drive a BMW with a Merc rego holder on it.

Hell my "olds" are 45 and have a BMW gone Merc lol :P

Em, after your response about what you would do to your boyfriend if he did what Kerry was proposing etc etc I am too damn scared not to put it up in my BM... senility has nothing to do with it !!! :o

your 'olds" are still youngsters btw... :rolleyes:

Will

Quick update, since last pic on this topic, have added clear indicators and side repeaters (can't remember what car the sides are meant for, they are much smaller than stock), fabricated and fitted foglight protectors and added germanplates. Refitted the headlight wipers and got them working.

Writeup of the whole inside and exterior transformation is still to come sometime when I'm bored..

edit.. and redded the tails too..

will

Edited by will

Hot clears!

Hot car! Thats got to be one of your finest Will. Alley must be stoked having you as her husband!

awesome.

Definatly my favourite from your collection, after the cabby...