Sign in to follow this  
will

OBC fault

My OBC in my 'vert has a gremlin in it.. displays time and date fine but comes up with all PPPP when using any other function eg consump, temp, range.. I have not come across this before. Was working fine last time I used the car. See pic attached.

Tried disconnecting the battery and using the reset functions etc but still PPPP... :angry:

Anyone have any ideas as to how to repair it? Who might repair it?

Alternatively, has anyone a good spare for me?

Will

Hahaha Mine did that a while ago so I smashed it with my hand it a couple of times.......

Now it doesn't do that anymore :ph34r: it doesn't do anything anymore ..... wooops my bad

Edited by MrHamWallet

Hey Gary, you sound like Gus with his hammer... use maximum available force to solve all problems.. :D

My OBC in my 'vert has a gremlin in it.. displays time and date fine but comes up with all PPPP when using any other function eg consump, temp, range.. I have not come across this before. Was working fine last time I used the car. See pic attached.

Tried disconnecting the battery and using the reset functions etc but still PPPP... :angry:

Anyone have any ideas as to how to repair it? Who might repair it?

Alternatively, has anyone a good spare for me?

Will

I dont have a direct link for you Will but in my web browsing Ive seen this several times and its a known problem so give google a bash and see what you come up with.

[edit]

Here are a quick couple of possible solutions

I've heard that disconnecting the battery for a long time (like 1 hour) will make this go away.

I lived with this problem for several (3) years. I tried disconnecting the battery for the 1+ hours or so to no avail. The ultimate solution was to disconnect the computer itself from its multi-pin connector. I left it unhooked for approximately 24 hours. Upon reconnecting the computer.....viola a full up and running OBC II.

Jeff Wilcox

So here is what works most of the time.

With the key in the "Radio" position (Radio and OBC light up, but not the instrument cluster), press the "CODE" button. Then push the little reset-hole with a Pen and hold it, 'till the computer blinks in the display, and it will ask you for a time and date entry. - You now have re-adapted the coding plug to the computer. - Normally the computer goes into a PPPP mode when the car has been boosted, or some other very drastically voltage changes have occurred.

Edited by martyyn

Thanks Martyyn, have tried the disconnect battery and reset button tricks already but not the disconnect the OBC plug itself. Will give it a bash (but not Gary style...)

Will

Thanks Martyyn, have tried the disconnect battery and reset button tricks already but not the disconnect the OBC plug itself. Will give it a bash (but not Gary style...)

Will

Might as well just rip it out Will and give it to me :ph34r: I've being looking for another one for age's.

I can replace it with a nice and reliable analog clock version. I can gary entee this won't f**k out hahaha

post-746-1167764549_thumb.jpg

Hello Ken, back from downunder? Hope you lot had a good holiday. Regards to the ou vrou..

Tried the above method a couple of days ago, didn't work.. so I have now put my Gary hat on and beaten the old code plug to death.. hahahaha.

Had an old OBC with a blown display that I forgot I had (handy to be a pack-rat), removed its code plug and inserted it and now all ok again.

Will

PS Gary, you need 3 pedals..

Guest Ken

Hello Ken, back from downunder? Hope you lot had a good holiday. Regards to the ou vrou..

Tried the above method a couple of days ago, didn't work.. so I have now put my Gary hat on and beaten the old code plug to death.. hahahaha.

Had an old OBC with a blown display that I forgot I had (handy to be a pack-rat), removed its code plug and inserted it and now all ok again.

Will

PS Gary, you need 3 pedals..

Hoe gaan dit? Sent you a PM.

(handy to be a pack-rat)

Ha - "Steptoe & Son" more like it!!! :lol: