Sign in to follow this  
lankster

E30 failed WOF, need advice.

Today my 1987 320i failed it's warrant and the estimated cost for repairs etc is between $1200 - $1500. I'm not sure on all the things that need done but it needs exhaust work, rear shocks, has a cracked driveshaft, new fuel lines and some other bits and pieces. I'm thinking that it's probably not worth it to spend that much repairing it, and that it might be best to sell it as a parts car or sell the parts seperately, so I need your guys advice on what I should do.

It's South African made, 4 door Auto.

It has an Mtech 1 bodykit and spoiler and Hartge wheels 15" I think. How much do these usually sell for?

Here's some pics:

post-1395-1167799512_thumb.jpg

post-1395-1167799553_thumb.jpg

post-1395-1167799591_thumb.jpg

post-1395-1167799643_thumb.jpg

post-1395-1167799669_thumb.jpg

post-1395-1167799700_thumb.jpg

yeah really depends if you want to keep it! i think you could get through a wof for less than that if your willing to do the work yourself and settle for 2nd hand parts. But 1200-1500 to do properly sounds about right if you paid someone i think.

Well I've only had it since around October and I do really like it but I just can't afford to pour money into a car at the moment especially just to get it warrantable, and I don't know much about the mechanical side of things so I can't work on it myself.

I just don't want to get it repaired and then have another host of problems at the next inspection.

Where are you located??? Shouldnt cost that much to do those repairs...... Are you mechanically minded???

Edited by MrHamWallet

well rear shocks couldnt be any easier to change, one bolt at the bottom 19mm and two at the top behind the boot trim. go get quotes for some things before you sell it off

If you sell it I'll take the kit off your hands :)