Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

E30 Speakers + Audio Upgrade

Hey Guys

This is just annoying me, My left rear speaker has a constant but quiet buzzing noise eg You can't hear the constant uzzing unless you have your ear up near it. But the problem is, every time I turn the stereo up or down I get this very audible static blast which is super gay! And freaks out my mates when they're listening to the sounds lol.

Ive taken the RR speaker out just to see they wiring is ok (Obvious, but thats how I fixed the cig lighter, not that i smoke, a wire wasnt connected so I fixed it woot go me!)

Would this be a headunit output problem or just the speaker is sh*t? The other three are fine.

Im planning a BMW Business single CD upgrade or 6 stacker in the future, and would this speaker (or set probably) need to be replaced or is there something basic to fix it? BTW its NOT the radio frequency being gay, I tried a tape too.

Cheers

Em

How old are your speakers? [ie; are they factory?]

Does it make noise when car engine is off?

Had any water leaks before?

Most likely wires are crapping out and may be earthing etc + road noise + sh*t speakers + you toying with the ciggie light [jk]

Hey Guys

This is just annoying me, My left rear speaker has a constant but quiet buzzing noise eg You can't hear the constant uzzing unless you have your ear up near it. But the problem is, every time I turn the stereo up or down I get this very audible static blast which is super gay! And freaks out my mates when they're listening to the sounds lol.

Ive taken the RR speaker out just to see they wiring is ok (Obvious, but thats how I fixed the cig lighter, not that i smoke, a wire wasnt connected so I fixed it woot go me!)

Would this be a headunit output problem or just the speaker is sh*t? The other three are fine.

Im planning a BMW Business single CD upgrade or 6 stacker in the future, and would this speaker (or set probably) need to be replaced or is there something basic to fix it? BTW its NOT the radio frequency being gay, I tried a tape too.

Cheers

Em

As said, swap speakers to eliminate but sounds suspiciously like a channel in the headunit due to the "blast" as you alter the volume

Another thought: factory head unit? If its like my old one then I doubt that its the HU at fault, as they only have 2 channels, so a problem on the rear speaker should also happen on the same front speaker.

How old are your speakers? [ie; are they factory?]

Does it make noise when car engine is off?

Had any water leaks before?

Most likely wires are crapping out and may be earthing etc + road noise + sh*t speakers + you toying with the ciggie light [jk]

They look to be stock. And theres a stock Blaupunkt tape player in there too. No water leaks

The left channel is frickered... The whole left side of the car is staticy. Ive pulled the whole glovebox apart and now im trying to get the headunit out but ill wait till Dads finished mowing the lawns to help me lol. Man E30's are easy to work on, i wouldnt know where to locate the first godsdamned screw in my parents E39 lol

And one more thing, how much would an E30 BMW Business single CD be worth? And would all the wiring be there behind my tape player?

Cheers

Em

Edited by BMW POWER