Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

O/D 260 vs. C/R 245

Guest Spargo

New thread, seeing as the other one was about something else entirely :rolleyes:

Current:

Getrag 260

1 - 3.83

2 - 2.20

3 - 1.40

4 - 1.00

5 - 0.81

Diff - 3.73

This gives approx 2642revs at 100kph.

Proposed:

Getrag 240

1 - 3.764

2 - 2.325

3 - 1.612

4 - 1.229

5 - 1.000

diff - 2.93:1 (Darren has one on t/m right now)

This gives approx 2562revs at 100kph.

My question is, how exactly would the two setups differ in how they got to 100kph?

The Sport Evo's ran a 3.15:1 diff with the 240box, but try finding that ratio!

I'm running a e30 zf s15 trans with 2.93 diff and hav 1750rpms @ 100kmh in 5th

my .02c if this helps

If you have decent grunt, a slightly longer ratio (overdrive box) should get you to 100kph quicker if you only have to do 2 changes as opposed to 3. Shifting = lost time. (unless you can lay your hands on a sequential shifter..)

If you are working with a less grunty setup, the shorter, more closely-spaced ratios would probably benefit you as you can keep the motor in the best torque range without having to overrev it a bit so that the next gear is better in the torque band. This would be particularly noticible if you had to do this on a long uphill.

Close ratio boxes come into their own in tight twistys as you can better find a ratio that is in the optimum torque range.

My .03c worth

Will

I'm running a e30 zf s15 trans with 2.93 diff and hav 1750rpms @ 100kmh in 5th

my .02c if this helps

Dang! thats reving low

Dang! thats reving low

Trust me Riley you'll want my diff after your done with your v8 conversion.

If I had another 100 - 150hp I'd be happy as with it. As Will said it's actually qutie fast to 130k as I only have to change once but up a hill when I change from 2nd to third it takes the revs outta the optimin torque band. For example when I'm passing I change down to 2nd @ 80km -90km and feed it then as I change into 3rd I'm doing 130ish but my revs have dropped back down to 4500rpm or so and I have to wait for the revs to come back up before she starts accelerating good again

Eh I need more power Captain!!!!

Edited by MrHamWallet

Trust me Riley you'll want my diff after your done with your v8 conversion.

If I had another 100 - 150hp I'd be happy as with it. As Will said it's actually qutie fast to 130k as I only have to change once but up a hill when I change from 2nd to third it takes the revs outta the optimin torque band. For example when I'm passing I change down to 2nd @ 80km -90km and feed it then as I change into 3rd I'm doing 130ish but my revs have dropped back down to 4500rpm or so and I have to wait for the revs to come back up before she starts accelerating good again

Eh I need more power Captain!!!!

She wont hold Captain !

Is your diff a large case? (like mine) Ive had my cluches redone in mine so its like new. Think its a 35% lock now to :rolleyes:

Does yours still work well and lock up right ? Id hate to get it all the way down here and find its a 1 wheel wonder lol.

And remember the 3.73 is much more sort after :)

She wont hold Captain !

Is your diff a large case? (like mine) Ive had my cluches redone in mine so its like new. Think its a 35% lock now to :rolleyes:

Does yours still work well and lock up right ? Id hate to get it all the way down here and find its a 1 wheel wonder lol.

And remember the 3.73 is much more sort after :)

Yeah man my diff works good I bought it off Darren and he had just done the seals & clutchs and it hooks up 2 wheels everytime. It's a medium case ( couldn't fit in a large case one that I bought )

Idealy I'm after a 3.64 that would be perfect

Yeah man my diff works good I bought it off Darren and he had just done the seals & clutchs and it hooks up 2 wheels everytime. It's a medium case ( couldn't fit in a large case one that I bought )

Idealy I'm after a 3.64 that would be perfect

The differnce between a 3.63 and a 3.73 at 100kph is 100rpm or about 3mph :rolleyes: our diffs would be the same size surely?

I think the 2.93 will be almost right, 3.15 is perfect. keen dude ?