Sign in to follow this  
Jammasterjames

E36 sub/amp wiring

Whassup to all my homies, and big ups to those reppin' fo tha 1310.

I'm gonna install a sub/amp package to my clarion head unit. I have two options, RCA or high input.

I'm interested to know how y'all like to wire up tha E36.

I wanna go wit RCA's from the headunit. Which is the best/easiest path to take? And what do I have to pull off?

(excuse my ignorance, and I'm a lazy *****...wanna have the whole thing visualised before I jump in there)

Also Remote wire, easier to run from tha H-unit or is there anywhere good in tha boot (ie rearlights)?

Power is all sorted, got some 8 gauge and a meaty fuse, going straight to the source (boot).

'preciate your help.

Got to get tha bass pumpin', hoe's bootie's thumpin'...

Peace out.

I'm gonna install a sub/amp package to my clarion head unit. I have two options, RCA or high input.

I wanna go wit RCA's from the headunit. Which is the best/easiest path to take? And what do I have to pull off?

(excuse my ignorance, and I'm a lazy *****...wanna have the whole thing visualised before I jump in there)

Also Remote wire, easier to run from tha H-unit or is there anywhere good in tha boot (ie rearlights)?

Power is all sorted, got some 8 gauge and a meaty fuse, going straight to the source (boot).

'preciate your help.

Peace out.

8ga is pretty thin for power man! I would have gone with 4ga depending on the kinda amp and sub you want, make sure you've got a big meaty ground too. Even with my 600w amp I run a 4ga power/2ga ground.

Remote wire is best from the Head-unit.. or else you'll have to open your boot to switch your sub on and off (if you run a switched line to a 12v power supply in the boot.

I'd go with the RCA's, run them out the back of the dash from the head unit, cable tied in place and drop them under the passenger side carpet (next to the door, keep that sh*t away from the gearbox or it'll whine like a $2 bitch)

Good luck bro!

Irelevant but saw you driving through mission bay on Friday night in the E36.I was in a blue KE30 Corrolla looking like a dickhead trying to see who you were bahaha.Car looked p.i.m.p

Irelevant but saw you driving through mission bay on Friday night in the E36.I was in a blue KE30 Corrolla looking like a dickhead trying to see who you were bahaha.Car looked p.i.m.p

That me or jammasterjames?

Coz if He was in mission bay on friday night too then that's one heck of a coincidence..

'preciate your help.

Peace out.

NOTE: car = e36 coupe

hehe ive done this to my car.. took me a whole day doing it !!.. 1/2 trying to figure out where the wires should go..

i ran the RCA wires and the amp remote from the headdeck to through under the centre console (just tucked it in on the right side of the console beside the driver side) as to not see the wires, then did an incision on the carpet under the (cigarette bin) at back of the centre console and made the wires run under the carpet its kinda though getting it through there as the foam is thick ass!, then under the back chairs and through to the amp to the boot.. and there ya have it.. clean and noone can see ur speaker wires :rolleyes:

Edited by Docile

Remote wire is best from the Head-unit.. or else you'll have to open your boot to switch your sub on and off (if you run a switched line to a 12v power supply in the boot.

Chur. Didn't think I had a light in my boot, thought there might be an ACC wire around there somewhere though.

Easy enough to do remote together with tha RCA's, suppose current on tha remote is too small to cause major noise?

Chur. Didn't think I had a light in my boot, thought there might be an ACC wire around there somewhere though.

Easy enough to do remote together with tha RCA's, suppose current on tha remote is too small to cause major noise?

When i did mine i pulled out the glove box, ran my wires in behind that and down the sides of the car then thru the hole in the back seat..