Sign in to follow this  
Antallica

Inspections

Just a quick-fire question, how much would an Inspection 1 generally cost?

Went to go home last night and the damn Inspection light's come on finally.

Just a quick-fire question, how much would an Inspection 1 generally cost?

Went to go home last night and the damn Inspection light's come on finally.

Give Ken a Pm mate. He's got a reset tool that should do it. he'd do it for a bottle wine or box of piss probably and he's in whangarei

Mint that's a decent price, I actually have to take it to the Whg dealer to get the inspection done rather than reset it since the Orbit cover I have will go belly up if I don't.

Mint that's a decent price, I actually have to take it to the Whg dealer to get the inspection done rather than reset it since the Orbit cover I have will go belly up if I don't.

Sweet dude .

Go and see Glenn at Northland Prestige he's onto it. Probably hook you up if you say I sent ya.... hahaha or charge you more

Edited by TronSpec

Sweet dude .

Go and see Glenn at Northland Prestige he's onto it. Probably hook you up if you say I sent ya.... hahaha or charge you more

Just rang up to book and the guy I spoke to (think it was Glenn) reckoned average cost will be around $430 :o

Edited by Antallica

Just rang up to book and the guy I spoke to (think it was Glenn) reckoned average cost will be around $430 :o

Holy sh*t!!! Hahaha he must of charged you more lol...

What did you ask to have done?? That seems wrong if you were just getting your light reset

An Inspection 1 is not just resetting the lights. It is actually a service.

$430 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Have a look in your service manual and see what it covers.

Yeah, that sounds about right for a full service from a BMW dealer. Is Northland Prestige a BMW dealer or just specialize in German cars?

Inspection 1 at Jerry Claytons is $140 and they do everything on the list

$140 is for Oil Service actually. Inspection 1 should be at around $400/450 mark.

Yeah, that sounds about right for a full service from a BMW dealer. Is Northland Prestige a BMW dealer or just specialize in German cars?

They are a bmw dealer and service centre. It's got something to do with jerry clayton auckland. They have opend a more professional place up here in whangarei.

Holy sh*t mate. Is that what a service cost's from Bmw :blink: ?????????? Bring it up to me and I'll do it for way cheaper. Gezus I mean all they'll do is change your oil and water most probably just check your other fluids and flush and replace if nessasary. $400 odd bucks !!!????? They must be making a mint cause I ain't

Edited by TronSpec

Spoke to my mate with a 318iS and the cheapest service she got that wouldn't void her warranty was about $240.

Considering I only got the car 4-5 months ago from Northern Prestige and they did give it a checkup before they released it to me (replaced hoses etc.) I would expect it to be a minor jobbie & I'm going there is cause I have full mechanical breakdown insurance, would be better not to lose it hah.

http://www.baydiagnostic.com/inspection.ht...0Inspection%20I

Edited by Antallica

They are a bmw dealer and service centre. It's got something to do with jerry clayton auckland. They have opend a more professional place up here in whangarei.

Holy sh*t mate. Is that what a service cost's from Bmw :blink: ?????????? Bring it up to me and I'll do it for way cheaper. Gezus I mean all they'll do is change your oil and water most probably just check your other fluids and flush and replace if nessasary. $400 odd bucks !!!????? They must be making a mint cause I ain't

Groan..........this is getting old.Whatever you do dont ever buy an //M car and take it in for a inspetion two.And your coolant and brake fluids are ussually changed at the annual inspection.Not all of us get our kicks from crawling around on the ground underneath our cars.