Sign in to follow this  
allan

my new ride

Hello one and all some pic's of my ride.Got to know her a little with the 6hr drive from Auckland.Having fun at the moment working out how to work things and get them programmed in so we don't loose them. was a very nice drive home to didn't want to stop but my stomach keep saying feed me,feed me.

enjoy the pic's

[post-1581-1169261979_thumb.jpg

post-1581-1169261819_thumb.jpg

attachment=8508:home_bmw1.jpg]

post-1581-1169262380_thumb.jpg

post-1581-1169262447_thumb.jpg

post-1581-1169262299_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Allan

The bonus of not buying it near home, meant that you got a nice drive back to Wellington.

Looks very nice.

Nice ride.

Some Eibach springs and it should be mint. :D

How does it handle? I've driven the 528i and I thought it was slightly underpowered for the size of the car. Today I test drove the 535i and the 540i. The V8's were stunning in terms of performance. The 3.5L was such an easy revver but the 4.4L was crazy quick. SOOOOO much torque and soooo sooo creamy smooth.

I was thinking of the 530d (same amount of torque as the 4.4L V8 but with less of a petrol bill!) as tow car. Still in the hunt tho.

I hope you took SH 3 and then SH4 towards Welly. Great drive through the Paraparas.

Cheers.

Edited by lidistick

handle!! well after driving a people mover for the last 3and half yrs and then driving the beamer how can one compare. but yea stick it into and a corner and don't back off the pedal and around it goes,no body roll and comfee to, slow traffic was not a problem. Will need to learn how to us the cruise control etc or a donation maybe forth coming. I think Cain summed it up when i drove his 540 if you can make a 5 series leave the road you have really screwed up big time. No state 1 all the way but yes it would have been and interesting way to come home. might take a run that way some time and see what happens. Eibach springs tell me more?. hay do your figures first on the diesel bit as that was what the people mover was and with the extra maintenace involved it some eats up the savings you make plus the road tax.

handle!! well after driving a people mover for the last 3and half yrs and then driving the beamer how can one compare. but yea stick it into and a corner and don't back off the pedal and around it goes,no body roll and comfee to, slow traffic was not a problem. Will need to learn how to us the cruise control etc or a donation maybe forth coming. I think Cain summed it up when i drove his 540 if you can make a 5 series leave the road you have really screwed up big time. No state 1 all the way but yes it would have been and interesting way to come home. might take a run that way some time and see what happens. Eibach springs tell me more?. hay do your figures first on the diesel bit as that was what the people mover was and with the extra maintenace involved it some eats up the savings you make plus the road tax.

Was reading the E39 guide posted by Martynn in the Maintenance section, apparently the Eibach springs lower the car without too much compromises in the ride department. Gives it a better stance.

The 540i/535i that I drove had both recirc ball steering and although it wasn't as sharp as a rack and pinion ... it wasn't bad at all.

What's the maintenance schedule for a diesel? I've a feeling the RUC will go in time. The diesel would be an ideal tow-car tho as I have a project brewing. :D

U have to drive the Paraparas and all the way up to the 8th mile junction between SH 4 and SH3. Bugger all traffic except the occasional tractor and awesome twisty roads. From Wanganui to Raetehi, gotta watch out for roadworks and washouts.. but still awesome. I'd be happy to do a day trip ... after I pick up the BEL ;)

if you like some corners but dont want to make the detour,Vinegar Hill,Cheltenham(sp?) Ashurst,Shannon,then back onto SH1 and set the cruise to 95 for the run home.Feel free to come on any club events,whats your email I will put yo on the wellington newsletterlist.

Hi! thanks for that on vinegar hill didn't even think of it. kiwi 535 e-mail address is a.hughes@slingshot.co.nz.