Sign in to follow this  
Hydro

Hello folks,

I have had a few 5 series before, but this is my first 7 (E38) and I would not have bought it other than it was too good to pass up. Now I am left wondering, do I leave it alone and keep it for a while, sell it when the missus gets sick of trying to move it around town (hopefully not), sell it anyway and make a quick buck, try a few mods to give it some guts and maybe a nice set of wheels?

Its in great cond, is a 95 model imported by BMW NZ from Japan, with all servicing by JC on the shore. Done 145 clicks.

Did a search and didnt come up with anything so happy to hear any hints or advice, cheers

Hello mate,

Unless you got it for absolutely peanuts I cant see how you can flick it and make much profit. Im astonished at how the value of these cars has dropped in the last 12 months and to be brutally honest a 95 730iL does not have a lot going for it in e38 terms :(

There isnt much you can do to give it more guts so I say just enjoy the luxury and clean it up a bit cosmetically if its in a state.

Have you got any photos ?

yes unless you got it cheap(presumably for a reaon and you can "fix it) why would anyone pay you more than what you paid for it?.Clean it love it,and revel in a true luxury car....

you can get a reasonable one for between 12-15 these days. Over the past year they have dropped about 10-15g's.

Edited by E30stz

Cheers guys my thoughts exactly! Lets say I bought it for approx half going rate then ;-)

Dont have any photos but its real clean and straight. Dk Green/tan leather. Unbelievable cruising for the money, I was lucky and stole it from a desperate seller. It has nothing wrong with it! Everything works and the kms are good too.

So as I thought I have nothing to lose if I just drive it and enjoy. Thing is it's the missus who will be driving it as I have a Co car. She is coming out of a near new small Euro so parking is going to be a bit of a challenge for her :)

3 letters - > pdc. checkout the button in the middle centreconsole.

also being the 95 730iL it'll be a V8.

If you dont have PDC then is not hard to buy off ebay and get it installed....thats what I did ;)

You can have a 3k retrofit for around 400.

3 letters - > pdc. checkout the button in the middle centreconsole.

also being the 95 730iL it'll be a V8.

Yep its the V8 and it has PDC :) and rear blind.

Also has Suspension setting button next to it (cant remember 3 letter acronym)

Tool kit intact. Extra lumbar, shoulder and thigh support on front seats (elect adj). Beautiful cruiser but gutless down low. Average fuel is 12.8 so not bad. If it was the 4.4 I would be tempted to bolt a blower on it.... Oh dear what was i thinking?

Whats with the double glass windows?

It is a Limo, hence the double glazed windows. Do the exhaust on it.

Beemn had one, he can offer advice.

EDC is the suspension. Great car keep it.

It is a Limo, hence the double glazed windows. Do the exhaust on it.

Beemn had one, he can offer advice.

EDC is the suspension. Great car keep it.

EDC doesnt seem to work I tried it (at least light doesnt come on)

Any ideas on exhaust cost? Type?

Cheers

EDC cost more than an arm and leg to replace. Some ppl retrofit normal suspension on them as well, but again, at a cost.

Nice cars, keep it!

Hard to diagnose the EDC. My car has it.

send me an e-mail cain.chapman@draeger.com and I'll send oyu the information I have on it.

Cheers

Hello folks,

...this is my first 7 (E38) ... a 95 model imported by BMW NZ from Japan,

If you have TV and nav, I have a spare Kiwi radio tuner for a '95 E38 7-series here looking for a home.

Changing the tuner means you go from shitty ex-Japan FM reception to proper, fully working, Kiwi radio reception, just like a NZ-new BMW

PM or email me if interested

PS: I can also get your Jap nav system working over here if you want :-)

Jochen

If you have TV and nav, I have a spare Kiwi radio tuner for a '95 E38 7-series here looking for a home.

Changing the tuner means you go from shitty ex-Japan FM reception to proper, fully working, Kiwi radio reception, just like a NZ-new BMW

PM or email me if interested

PS: I can also get your Jap nav system working over here if you want :-)

Jochen

Thanks jochen but the radio already has brilliant local reception through the whole range so must have been done by BMW when they imported it. Doesnt have TV/Nav

Cheers

Edited by Hydro