Sign in to follow this  
nz320i

new toy/thinking about

So i went go karting last night, and it was too much fun, ive been before just not for a while, and i want to buy one.. and race it!

Turn my car into race car or buy go kart?

I wouldnt want to spend to much and i thinking leaving my car alone is the best thing to do, to much pissing round to race it and id rather a 325 race car ..

Anyone know much about go kart? $1500 to start for something ?? not sure

They are dam good fun aye, id like another one some time. ever thought about a motorcross bike? they are great fun as well.

They are dam good fun aye, id like another one some time. ever thought about a motorcross bike? they are great fun as well.

Have an 03' Honda CR250 and a friend with an 04' Honda CRF450 for sale if anyones interested..

Edit: Sorry, His is an 05' CRF450..

Edited by 318isCoupe

Get a KT100. The best fun you can have with your pants on. Within reasonable $$ range.

$1500 won't buy you a competitive kart though. But you can learn your trade there.

How much for 250,dad's keen to get back on a bike...got pwned when he was younger and is now an inch and a bit shorter than he was when he was 22.Mint.

Go and see John Hamilton for a kart. I'm unsure if any of ours are up for sale yet.

Carrs Rd is a fun track.

Edited by cainchapman

How much for 250,dad's keen to get back on a bike...got pwned when he was younger and is now an inch and a bit shorter than he was when he was 22.Mint.

He wants a moto x bike? I can get you my old VFR400 (same friend who has the 450 owns it now) or a CBR600 if He wants a road bike!

Make me an offer on the CR250R, its pretty decent condition and has all the honda racing decals, pink guards etc. Renthal bits and pieces that your Dad could have if they fit Him, Pro Taper bars & spare set of Renthal bars that haven't been put on yet, New RK gold chain, New Talon sprockets and Red Talon hubs, New brake pads(front and rear), New engine oil and filter, New transmission oil, New radiator coolant, Acerbis handguards.. Possibly needs a new seal on one of the forks but I can do that.

Personally though, I reckon either a CRF250 or CRF450 (if He wants a LOT more balls) would be the best choice for someone who hasn't ridden in a while.. as with the two strokes you have to be pretty much on the throttle ALL the time or you've got plugs fouling everywhere and all sorts of trouble.. plus the 4 strokes are so much more rideable if you're into hacking around and not racing/track stuff.

You can pick up a standard CRF250 for around what I've been offered for mine.. ~5k-ish.

Wouldn't ever go with anything but Honda for a moto bike though, for a road bike it doesn't get much better bang for buck either.. I dream of 'busa though..

Im on a 06 RMZ450 at the mo, its a great bike!

Dirt bikes > cars.

Kawasaki KDX200. Nothing else comes close to bang for buck. It will annahilate those MX bikes mentioned above when it gets pretty tough going. You can pick up exc condition ones for ~$4500. (One or 2 years old). Far easier to ride than mx bike, leave standard pipe on while learning and its docile as. Then chuck a pipe on when ready and its a whole new bike.

As for race car, I reckon leave your 320 alone, its too nice and too much work to turn into a track rat. Buy a mechanicaly sound 325 if you want E30 race car, still will cost you heaps to out fit with cage, seats, harness etc. Better off buying a car that someone has already spent money on race gear.

Edited by Mike

Kawasaki KDX200.

Learnt to ride on one of those!

Im on a 06 RMZ450 at the mo, its a great bike!

Haven't ridden one yet.. looks like good competition if I buy my mates CRF450..

I've just had such a good experience with Honda bikes that I've never gone back.. do recommend those KDX200 bikes as a good transition from something like a 125 up bigger bikes.. If I did it again I'd go CR125 (SR100 if you're small) -> KDX200 -> CRF450 or a CR250 if you don't mind revving its nuts off constantly.

We should organise another Bimmersport Go-kart meet???.

bah go the old n dirty single bangers!! '81 DR400, '92 XT650, '73 Yamaha Trail 360 2 stroke. Also got the dirty three wheelers o so much fun :D

Mate just got a 07 CRF450 its bloody nice to, I like my RMZ tho. So much low down grunt and big hit up top to just keeps pulling.

If you ever get the chance take the new Buell 1000cc roadbike for a blast. It will be the fastest thing on 2 wheels you have ever ridden. They are so insanely powerful right through the gears, but a totally different experiance to a Hayabusa etc

Falling off bikes hurts too much when you're over about 35.

My drummer has 4-5 Triumphs and I think 4 Harleys. He fell off his Bonnie 2 days before our NYE gig and broke a collar bone. He was less than impressed and still unable to work.

When I rode, I had Triumphs, Nortons and Ducati. Then I bought a 125 Yammie trail bike and it was more fun than any road bike - ever! In the sea, across rivers, light enough to life over fences etc - terrorising the nude beaches .... ah the excesses of youth!

Several of my mates (all past 50) are riding again, but I prefer not to. I've lost a few friends to broken necks etc.... It doesn't matter if you're in the right or not on a bike - you still get hurt!

Karting is very cool fun and a damn sight safer.

I vote karting. Its so much cheeper (unless your really serious about it) compared to building up your own car.

yeah im pretty set on a kt100, a guy at work had one and said they are good bang for buck fun etc, i just want something im allowed to take on a track and race, not really too serious..there is a place in chch ill go talk to them

Get a dirt bike and race it, iv been racing for 7 years and love it, that was untill i broke my leg... ;)

I've considered this also. kt100 good idea. Let me know how you get on as I'm still toying with the idea of getting one, plan to run it on back roads too ;)

I've considered this also. kt100 good idea. Let me know how you get on as I'm still toying with the idea of getting one, plan to run it on back roads too ;)

Better get 2 then hun so i can waste your ass! :lol:

Edited by Bravo'sGirl

Ouch, whjen I was 8 my foot got stuck in the clutch of a 4 wheeler, bent down to fix it, steered it into a tree at 50kmh, knocked myself out lol.

Def supermotard for me if I ever get back in the saddle.

Raced offroad enduros for many years till I dropped my front wheel in a pig-hole at about 110kmh and the end result was crushed vertebrae in my neck, havn't raced since.

Have a 1500 goldwing under restoration, is like riding a lazyboy on wheels... :D

Will