Sign in to follow this  
Cale

Opinions please

Thinking of selling my E30 and buying a E36.

Don't have that much money to spend but don't want to buy a huge (maybe unsafe) mileage.

Whats the highest mileage you guys would buy an E36 at?

Cheers all.

Edit: or how long will they prob last?

Edited by Cale

Just a thought but wouldn't it be more to do with how it's been looked after in it's life (regular servicing etc.) rather than just how many k's it's done?

As for mileage I prob wouldn't go for anything over 150,000 unless it's a stunner.

if you havent got that much money, better off not buying an E36. Keep the E30, if its not cheap enough to run, get a honda / toyota because an E36 wouldnt be any cheaper.

If you must - buy a facelift model 1995 onward as they were more free of the niggly problems that came up in the pre-95's.

Fuel consumption not an issue here.

As above, it is all to do with whether the car was looked after.

Niggly probs like...?

you wont really find an E36 thats been looked after well enough for under probably $7000 and thats on reasonable km'age. You always have to service a car, my mothers car is a 96 318i, its serviced every 10,000km's by BMW places but still every now and then needs parts changed which add upto $500-800 sometimes at a time. Cheaper to own an E30 in my opinion.