Sign in to follow this  
LemonHunter

Twin pipes for an 540

Okay, don't shoot me, buuuuuut.

If i end up holding onto the 540iS, i think it would look dang sexy with the twin pipes that the M5 and 740 received.

What i'm wondering is, am i going to need a written off E34 M5 that has frontal or side damage only to retreive the rear bumper and fuel tank?

Or is that possible with a 740, or do i need more/less components to acheive this.

From underneath it looks like the fuel tank would interfere with anyway of doing it.

Now im very confused....

I thought what confirmed an E34s M5 status (externally) was the twin rear pipes.

But nope, that would be the E39 wouldnt it. Bugger.

Well thats the look i want. Like the 740.

There are a couple of guys around who can fabricate in stainless and would do a really nice job of twin piping your 540.

What I found with them is you need to do all the homework for them first.

Go to them with pix of other genuine BMW pipes and find a source for all the pipes and bends - like southwards

Cain has a contact in Tauranga? that apparently does really good work and has done E 34 V8 pipes.

That is not the difficult part though, i know several very good metal fabricators. The question relates more to actually making it fit for one thing, and not having to hack a bumper to make it look right...