Sign in to follow this  
Katalyst

E34 89 525i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=86575312

wot sort of engine is this ie; m40/m50???

thinkin bout buying it to drop into the e30. is this a good option or is something newer better??

talked to the guy, hes pretty sure its not a head gasket problem, but apart from tht, the owners b4 him let there dogs sleep in the back at nite, so the seats wasted and both the seatbelts are gone aswel

wot sorta resale do these have, could it be worth fixin and selling??

Cheers

89 will be an M20,E34s are really cheap now,except the 540 six speeds ...If you would want to make any money selling you need to get it really cheap and its needs to be in really good condition (or can be restored to really good condition)easily/cheaply.Prolly better money to sell parts.Check trademe or autotrader...

This is not an easy fit into your car unless you swap over sump etc. By the sounds of it, it could be a lemon.

I personally would leave it alone..

Will

cheers guys, he wants 700 for it, its in prety good shape apart from back seat and stuff, but really havnt had a good look, only up the road from me so i might go have a better look on the wknd

thinkin bout buying it to drop into the e30. is this a good option or is something newer better??

Cheers

I'll have a complete M50B25 for sale in a couple of weeks [complete with manual loom & computer]

It's from an E36 so you'll need an E34 Sump & pickup [easy 185-200hp]

dont bother , they sell all the time on trade me for about 1500- 2000 going etc .

even the m50 ones sometimes sell for 2k .

if you want parts then get it cheap .

yes it will be m20 2.5l good upgrade for your 320i but might as well pick up a wrecked car with good engine , plenty on TM for sale .

if you do get it for engine i would be interested in the body shell etc