Sign in to follow this  
mons2b

BMW front light covers on 1997 E39 540

Hello just rung Christchurch BMW and they quoted me $407 dollars for the clear part of the front lights!! Is that for real? Seem expensive even for BMW. Any supplier that can supply cheaper than that?? Including via internet if anyone knows..

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Hello just rung Christchurch BMW and they quoted me $407 dollars for the clear part of the front lights!! Is that for real? Seem expensive even for BMW. Any supplier that can supply cheaper than that?? Including via internet if anyone knows..

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Is that just for the corners replaced?

There was a full clear headlight set on trade me a while ago which I was gonna buy for my dads 540i, but some other guy got it before me. $300 - which is really good for a pair of original headlights. Keeps an eye out, theres always someone selling some kind of E39 Headlights on Trade me. If you're going to spend over $400 on headlight upgrades it might be a better idea to change to angle eyes.

Just having a look now, theres a pair for about 280 but it doesn't say whether they're clear or not - asked a question.

These would look really good on a 5 - Angel Eyes

Got chrome on them though looks a bit cheap but would probably look good. Also good thing with buying them on trade me is that you can get the price down.

Edited by Nick021

Hi try BMW warehouse in Hamilton. www.bmwarehouse.co.nz

Yes thanks for that, I have to agree that the Cylon chrome look would make me look like a boy racer try hard. hehe. BMW's stupid price was for just ONE light cover. Nuts.

Just having a look now, theres a pair for about 280 but it doesn't say whether they're clear or not - asked a question.

These would look really good on a 5 - Angel Eyes

Got chrome on them though looks a bit cheap but would probably look good. Also good thing with buying them on trade me is that you can get the price down.

I bought a new set on TradeMe for $65 (orange corners, original BMW part, perfect condition)

I still have my old set (fuzzy fogged lenses) which someone can have if they want to collect...

Hey, just looking on trade me and found these HERE. Pretty good price considering your get a complete set, but they're an aftermarket set.

Hey, just looking on trade me and found these HERE. Pretty good price considering your get a complete set, but they're an aftermarket set.

Yeah love that package! Prob is pursuading my wife that I need clear corners all round! hehe. Might start with the front and sides and do back later...

BTW looks quite fiddly to replace front light covers without breaking any delicate plastic bits eh?

Yeah love that package! Prob is pursuading my wife that I need clear corners all round! hehe. Might start with the front and sides and do back later...

BTW looks quite fiddly to replace front light covers without breaking any delicate plastic bits eh?

Yeah it does look a bit scarey all that delicate plastic,

but if I was doing that to my car, I would do the sides and rear lights myself and depending on how hard the front ones look, jerry clayton would do that for $50 max.

And its definitly worth it, in my opinion they look a lot better with clears, or even smoked lights.

Edited by Nick021

Yeah it does look a bit scarey all that delicate plastic,

but if I was doing that to my car, I would do the sides and rear lights myself and depending on how hard the front ones look, jerry clayton would do that for $50 max.

And its definitly worth it, in my opinion they look a lot better with clears, or even smoked lights.

Ok thanks for your advice. :-)