Sign in to follow this  
BMRBOI

working a 325i non-vanos

Hey guys if you guys remember i had to rebuild the top end of my car due to head warping, that’s all done now!! thinking of needing more power!!! its manual it has a KnN pod and cold air shield. Now for every mod a good and neg thing happens right? I was thinking of, single exhaust off the exhaust manifold maybe a 2 or 2 ½ piping with cat delete. Also chipping, lsd, grinding the cams and lighting the flywheel. Also the adjustable suspension. Has anyone lighted the flywheel? If so how much have you taken off? Weighed my car which weighs 1420ish kgs. But that’s has twin sub box and 17inch 235mm wheels. Easy weight reductions? Anyone done the fan delete is it worth it? Whats peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Hey guys if you guys remember i had to rebuild the top end of my car due to head warping, that’s all done now!! thinking of needing more power!!! its manual it has a KnN pod and cold air shield. Now for every mod a good and neg thing happens right? I was thinking of, single exhaust off the exhaust manifold maybe a 2 or 2 ½ piping with cat delete. Also chipping, lsd, grinding the cams and lighting the flywheel. Also the adjustable suspension. Has anyone lighted the flywheel? If so how much have you taken off? Weighed my car which weighs 1420ish kgs. But that’s has twin sub box and 17inch 235mm wheels. Easy weight reductions? Anyone done the fan delete is it worth it? Whats peoples thoughts?

Cheers

Most notciable mod's for mine were the exhaust (custom extractors) into 2 1/2" (maybe shoulda gone with 2 1/4" ) Custom intake, lightened flywheel ( unsure how much you can take off yours as it's the dual mass flywheel in e36, and lsd. I have a chip to put in it but I think that they run pretty good with stock ecu setting if everything else to sweet.

Other than that you'll have to start looking at aftermarket ecu (map tuning) aftermarket intake cam, get the head port and polished etc. Running the stock ecu holds you back if you want more noticable power as it needs all it's sensors to work and these sensors are restrictive

Most notciable mod's for mine were the exhaust (custom extractors) into 2 1/2" (maybe shoulda gone with 2 1/4" ) Custom intake, lightened flywheel ( unsure how much you can take off yours as it's the dual mass flywheel in e36, and lsd. I have a chip to put in it but I think that they run pretty good with stock ecu setting if everything else to sweet.

Other than that you'll have to start looking at aftermarket ecu (map tuning) aftermarket intake cam, get the head port and polished etc. Running the stock ecu holds you back if you want more noticable power as it needs all it's sensors to work and these sensors are restrictive

Who done the exhaust system how much did those extractors set you back? With the custom intake im just running a KnN pod filter with a heat shield and cold air feeder pipe from the bumper to it. Im not to sure what kind of flywheel is in it, so also unsure of how much to skim off it. Is your engine the non- vanos one to? Have you thought about lumping the cam sharfts anymore?

Edited by BMRBOI