Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Tyre Wear

Maybe its not that bad after all, I was just expecting closer to 20k kms rather than under 14k.

I cant rotate front to rear Oscar cause they are staggered, 235 on the front 255 on the rear.

Maybe it was only 15 metres then ;)

Swapping from side to side might help. If they're directional though, that means taking off the rims.

P

The appetite for eating shoulders is because the whole of the tyre is not being used during cornering placing extreme pressure on the shoulder, the siple fix is static negative camber but this has limitations as mentioned

The E34 M5 I had displayed significant negative camber on the rears, but wore totally evenly, demonstrating the great setup they had as standard. Still got 25k kms out of tyres too.

My business partner has just replaced the rear tyres on his 3 year old maxima for the first time at 100,000km. Yes 5 zeros!

The E34 M5 I had displayed significant negative camber on the rears, but wore totally evenly, demonstrating the great setup they had as standard. Still got 25k kms out of tyres too.

My business partner has just replaced the rear tyres on his 3 year old maxima for the first time at 100,000km. Yes 5 zeros!

betcha he has had a few sets of fronts though....

What sort of tyres were they?

P

you obviously need a set of burnout tyres to endulge in every now and then.

Edited by E30stz

betcha he has had a few sets of fronts though....

Fronts lasted 75,000 before replacing. Dunlop SP Sport 270's. Mainly trundle up and down the motorway from Glenfield to Whangaparaoa and back, but he doesn't hang around when driving in town.

Static camber of the rear of E34 and both the E36 and E39 is up to 2 degrees negative and yes they do wear evenly.

3pedals, that's been my experience as well with my E36s and my E39. When its time to replace a tyre - they're all about evenly worn. In any case, I never replace a single tyre - I always do full sets (well 4 anyway, the spare stays in the boot).

3pedals, that's been my experience as well with my E36s and my E39. When its time to replace a tyre - they're all about evenly worn. In any case, I never replace a single tyre - I always do full sets (well 4 anyway, the spare stays in the boot).

I agree Jazz. There was a tyre shop in New North Rd just before the railway overbridge who preferred to only replace 4 tyres, 2 as a bare minimum. If you only wanted one tyre, he would politely tell you to F^&* off.

I agree Jazz. There was a tyre shop in New North Rd just before the railway overbridge who preferred to only replace 4 tyres, 2 as a bare minimum. If you only wanted one tyre, he would politely tell you to F^&* off.

I always prefer to replace in pairs too (if not a whole set). Still, treating customers like that is not good business practice!

P