Sign in to follow this  
freshbeats

E30 325i electric windows playing up......

Hey all,

New on this forum, just picked up an E30 325i the other day. When i bought it all the electrics were sweet, but now the windows and sunroof only go down when you open the doors. Is this comon? Any ideas before i pull it all apart and what should i be looking for?

Cheers

Firstly have you checked your fuses and relays?

Lol my drivers door does the same thing.Sparky told me a wire was twisted or something along those lines but meh havent fixed it yet.

mine did this once, i just left it and now its all good, cant remember weather i fixed it or not.. but they are meant to go down with doors open. think it may be the relay under the glove box?

Hey all,

New on this forum, just picked up an E30 325i the other day. When i bought it all the electrics were sweet, but now the windows and sunroof only go down when you open the doors. Is this comon? Any ideas before i pull it all apart and what should i be looking for?

Cheers

yeah same thing happend to me in my old BM when i took it to the auto sparky he fixed it and a week later they were doing the same thing again. its a bitch when it happens and my auto sparky said he couldent find the fault when he looked at it again. if any one does know what the comon fault is let us know. sorry im no help buddy

If you have a factory handbook it states that the windows can be lowered or raised with the door or doors open and naturally with the key on also,there is nothing wrong with the car.

there is cos it doesn't work with the doors closed and when the car is running, and ive checked all the fuses