Sign in to follow this  
jpp

e28 calipers

y0 ~!

After x2 [one set] for front discs. I've read e28, but can be larger or same size, as long as it fits. Prefer Akl and cheap! I can swap for e30 set if need be also.

Also, can anyone tip me on the difference of 325i etc vs. 320i etc sway bars and whatnot differences, if any?

Cheerio

Jared.

The front 320 sway bar is 18.5mm, the 325 front is 20mm. The 320 has a 12mm rear bar until March 85 then 14.5mm after that, but plenty 320's have no rear bar at all. 325's have a 14.5mm rear bar. I put a 325 rear bar into my 318. It did improve the handling a little, but it doesn't really make a huge difference.

E28 discs don't fit on regular e30's only E30M3's

Guest Spargo

E28 discs don't fit on regular e30's only E30M3's

Bearing is much larger on the M3.

Why not just go for good pads / discs / fluid / braided lines. The 325i setup is pretty good to start with

They aren't by any means 'bolt on'. You'll need custom adapters/mounts and some work to get suitable rotors to fit. Use audi TT rotors, 312x25 (312 is right i think). They need to be re-drilled and the center machined out a mm or so. goes without saying you'll need bigger rims to fit that setup under. Get a bigger MC too from e28 and bias should be pretty as e28 rear calipers use same size piston as e30

I haven't decided whether to do that setup or go for smaller/lighter setup with alloy 4pots and vw rotors