Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

What would you do ?

There is an auction on trademe where I believe the goods are not the real deal even though the seller has repeatedly stated otherwise.

In the past I had an auction removed by TM because someone claimed it was fake (the fact that I said the shirt wasnt genuine on the description may have given it away) but anyway, do you think I should rport it to TM ? Question the seller ? Or just leave people to buy something based on their own research ?

Would it make any difference if I thought people on BS were bidding ?

[edit] Hmmm I thought I was making this a poll but I must have ballsed up somewhere...so

Do I report to TM ?

Question the seller ?

Stay out of it ?

Edited by martyyn

There is an auction on trademe where I believe the goods are not the real deal even though the seller has repeatedly stated otherwise.

In the past I had an auction removed by TM because someone claimed it was fake (the fact that I said the shirt wasnt genuine on the description may have given it away) but anyway, do you think I should rport it to TM ? Question the seller ? Or just leave people to buy something based on their own research ?

Would it make any difference if I thought people on BS were bidding ?

Link to the auction martyn? Lets all get on his case

I've had similar expereince where guy rekon lcd tv and carefully picture it but was actually rear projection. Want $1400 cash before I got the tv...... reported to tradme as fake adveristing and it was sorted

Edited by TronSpec

I dont want to stick the link up just yet as I want to be sure they are not genuine, of which I am 99.9% sure.

I was just wondering what people thought....I seem to remember some issues before about TM deals going bad and I dont want to get involved in anything like that.

They are also first timers so I want to give them the benefit of the doubt if I can.

Edited by martyyn

Yep fair enough dude.. haha you shouldve bought your seven up and took it round the paddock....... :ph34r:

you can ask a question ,and nobody else can see it until he answers(that s right isnt it?)....if he doesnt answer praps then go the official TM route

Yep fair enough dude.. haha you shouldve bought your seven up and took it round the paddock....... :ph34r:

you should perhaps observe some sevens at a grass ghymkhana first....might be surprised!

you can ask a question ,and nobody else can see it until he answers(that s right isnt it?)....if he doesnt answer praps then go the official TM route

Yea thats right, nobody else can see until they answer or until the end of the auction. So - no help to others if they dont answer during listing. Only way is official channels.

If BS members are bidding, link anyway.

I hadnt realised that these were up today, so if anyone on here was thinking of buying them do so at your own risk.

Wheels

I honestly believe these are not genuine as they dont have the small ///M badge near the bolt holes, and I also dont think they made genuine wheels in 20'.

A bargain if you can get another one and dont mind the 'fake' aspect but Im happy to be proven wrong if they are genuine.

your question appears on the auction,no answer though..I am 100 percent sure these arent 20,s i think the genuines were 18,and there were two simlar styles the blackish m5 ones and the silver(like these) for teh seven series.

your question appears on the auction,no answer though..I am 100 percent sure these arent 20,s i think the genuines were 18,and there were two simlar styles the blackish m5 ones and the silver(like these) for teh seven series.

There's no answer because the auctions finished, so all questions are now visible.

Reasons why I dont believe they are genuine.

1. I have the real deal on my 7 and you can clearly see these ones are missing the ///M badge that should be by one of the little holes.

2. Genuine wheels are 18's and not 20's.

3. If they were genuine they would be worth thousands. I was once quoted by Shelleys that to replace my 18' staggered set would set me back 2 grand a corner....before tyres.

Like I said Im happy to be proven wrong but I dont believe I am and Im fed up with people on TM selling cheap rip off goods as the real McCoy.

I have since received a shitty email telling me they do have ///M badges and they just didnt come out in the photo. Im toying with the idea of telling the seller what they are worth if they are genuine seeing as theyve just sold for 150 !

Reasons why I dont believe they are genuine.

1. I have the real deal on my 7 and you can clearly see these ones are missing the ///M badge that should be by one of the little holes.

2. Genuine wheels are 18's and not 20's.

3. If they were genuine they would be worth thousands. I was once quoted by Shelleys that to replace my 18' staggered set would set me back 2 grand a corner....before tyres.

Like I said Im happy to be proven wrong but I dont believe I am and Im fed up with people on TM selling cheap rip off goods as the real McCoy.

I have since received a shitty email telling me they do have ///M badges and they just didnt come out in the photo. Im toying with the idea of telling the seller what they are worth if they are genuine seeing as theyve just sold for 150 !

If I were you; I would of won the auction. Then confronted the seller in your car with your 18s. If they weren't genuine, you don't have to continue with the sale as they are fake which they advertised otherwise. If genuine and they fudged up the sizing, maybe they have P20s on and thought that was the diameter, then we here would all call you the ripper-offera!

I have since received a shitty email telling me they do have ///M badges and they just didn't come out in the photo.

Didn't come out? There is no way I can see ///M badge at all, or anything that looks like it. Even if there're no badges, a genuine BMW wheel would have a small rectangular shape recess to accommodate the ///M badge. I don't see any recess or badge at all.

Edited by SKT174

Who the hell would buy only three wheels anyway??

I won't even buy four - if I can't get a full set (5), I'm not interested.

Things have to be 'right' for me.