Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Best birthday present ever

The number is already on my phone! and on the fridge... got my wheel back today :D Much prettier, and nolonger oval shaped, which is perhaps more important!

Yeah I'd like to get my hands on the little bastard!

Sorry for you dude, hope the repair goes well.

This is just another very good reminder of why I would never insure with State. I have yet to hear anybody say a good word about them - especially on Fair Go where they are regulars!

Similar thing happened to me a while back. Ex girlfriend needed to borrow one of my cars. She had already crashed the 180 so I gave her the Altezza to drive. Rules were to never park anywhere but in the garage over night. She parked at a friends on paratai drive and it got stolen. Lucky they only made it about 100m before the steering lock came on. They must have tried for hours to break it as the interior was a mess.

Insurence said if it had been nicked I would not have been paid out. Imagine loosing $21K just like that!

Be a good idea to read your policies a little closer. Good to hear the damage is not too bad afterall.

Thanks for the comments guys, it's also given me a good chance to have a go at getting my manual box in. Should be fun.

Thanks for that link too Josh i'll check them out.

Well - she's fixed (mostly). The front kit just bounced strait back, just needs about 3 inches of plastic welding done to it, and some paint - and my wheel needs repairing. All good otherwise :)

Also I dont know if its just because its been a while since I drove the car, but with two new control arms + all ball joints and bushes replaced on both sides of the front suspension, it seems a dream to drive? I could drive with my little finger...I dont remember it being so smooth.

Anyone know any good painters / plastic welders?