Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

E36 OBC/MID

Has anyone here upgraded their 7 or 11 buton OBC to a 18? The dealers and BM workshop recon I cant upgrade but all these americans on Ebay believe its a piece of cake and is possible.

has anyone here tried it or know anything about it?

Go to pelicanparts.com Tech Articles to see how its done!

Remember the yanks have Bosch Motronic DME's in their cars [we usually have the siemens unit]

hi wish to learn more . So can you back the E36 up and explain what obc/ bosch motoronic dme's, siemens units are also what are the references to 7 or 11 buton upgrade to 18 refer to please. While on the subject would somebody like to make a list of all these abbrevations that you knowledgeable people use.So we who don't understand what you are talking about can . then post then up if its not to much trouble. :unsure: cheers allan

Edited by allan

hi wish to learn more . So can you back the E36 up and explain what obc/ bosch motoronic dme's, siemens units are also what are the references to 7 or 11 buton upgrade to 18 refer to please. While on the subject would somebody like to make a list of all these abbrevations that you knowledgeable people use.So we who don't understand what you are talking about can . then post then up if its not to much trouble. :unsure: cheers allan

Hi Allan, i believe you own a E39 530? With your car your check control (OBC) is located under your speedo so you wont have these 7/11/18 button styles.

OBC - On Board Computer

MID - Multi information display

hi

entscheidend that is great thanks for explaining what these items obc/ mid are. i am interested in all manner of things to do with cars and what people are trying to achieve with them. it does not matter if it is an e30 e36 e39 or what ever but if you can not under stand what is being discussed because of the abbrevations used how is one to know. but by asking questions is that not what this froum is all about. the sharing of knowledge. have had a look at the article on the pelican site and found it to be very interesting and detailed. At the end of it all what benifit is it for the vehicle and the owner concerned?

hi

entscheidend that is great thanks for explaining what these items obc/ mid are. i am interested in all manner of things to do with cars and what people are trying to achieve with them. it does not matter if it is an e30 e36 e39 or what ever but if you can not under stand what is being discussed because of the abbrevations used how is one to know. but by asking questions is that not what this froum is all about. the sharing of knowledge. have had a look at the article on the pelican site and found it to be very interesting and detailed. At the end of it all what benifit is it for the vehicle and the owner concerned?

Hey, im still learning, I first took an interest in BM's back in 1997 where I bought a E30 that was wrecked because back then in Australia you needed a mortgage to pay for a BMW second hand that was in great condition. Prior to BM's I was a Holden nut driving a WB Caprice with a 308 ... and a chunky discman to play cds because CD players were too expensive compared to todays prices and Dragway deepdish rims, dumped with leather interior ......ha Now I look at Holdens and think why??

Check out www.bmwworld.com - thats pretty thorough with most models and terminalogy and links if you want to get into it all... there are heaps more sites out there to