Sign in to follow this  
allan

WHY SO EXPENSIVE

Rear cup holder was missing in my e39 when I bought it but dealer put in the tray for me on my request. They tried to find a used cup holder from wreakers but the ones at wreakers are mostly already broken!

I would say if you replace the cupholder dont use it. Unless you want to replace it every year. My front one is fine but Ive no intention of ever using it. Theres a guy that sells nice replacement cup holders. Do a google and youll find them.

JW

Christchurch

well it would appear by the response that I'm not alone in being stitched up on the price of things. orr well!! do we like it or lump it or does the kiwi do it yourself solve this problem come to the four once again.It's great to be able to get assistance from a forum like this. thanks guys

Funny that NZ has cheap Euro Cars then alot of other contries yet the parts sting us. Just spent $1700 on engine parts that could all fit into an E30 glovebox! Would have been $2150 if I hadnt have worn my short shorts, bimmersport T and a cheesy smile. Theres a tip for you.

Haha us girls can get away with anything cant we? Canteburys for the win :)

Funny that NZ has cheap Euro Cars then alot of other contries yet the parts sting us. Just spent $1700 on engine parts that could all fit into an E30 glovebox! Would have been $2150 if I hadnt have worn my short shorts, bimmersport T and a cheesy smile. Theres a tip for you.

You wore a full penguin suit to buy DIY parts?

Would have been $2150 if I hadnt have worn my short shorts, bimmersport T and a cheesy smile. Theres a tip for you.

Pics or ban !

No argument about the cup holder design - total rubbish.

The ones in the back of my car were broken, so I just replaced it with the small package tray they sell as a direct replacement. I later fixed the cup holder with some epoxy and a paperclip, but couldn't be arsed replacing it. Then. last week as I was clearing the garage out for packing, I tossed it in the skip bin.

Not one of BMW's triumphs!

hmmm so thats why my E30 and E36 dont have cup holders, because bmw cant design decent ones

Clear lights for my e36: $1,189.80 inc. GST... Although they said they could do a 25% discount at trade price for $892.35... seems a little silly for lights..

Alex, was that for a full set of clears for your E36? I thought it was only $600+ (but I was quoted that price a few years back).