Sign in to follow this  
NZPED

New tyres, what to get? e30

My rear tyres are pretty had it, one had a puncture that cant be repaired so the spare is on and the other is pretty worn on the too, theyre 195 60 14 , just wondering if any of you guys had any makes/ model you reccomend as im keen to get some good tyres, not bothered in spending a little bit more if theyre worth it.

Cheers

Not sure if they make Dunlop Direzzas in that size - but go for them. They rock.

Depends what your looking for in a tyre, I really liked the yoko C-drives, plenty of grip, good wear and a really nice tyre to drive on. Only downside is they are too soft for any track work. I paid $130 fitted and balanced each for mine but they normally retail for a bit more than that. I'd get them again if i still ran that size. (195/60/14).

Also- is your car lowered? They are asymetrical so can't be rotated if your rear camber is bad.

On my 14's i use Goodyear NCT 5. I drive pretty hard on them and exceed my expectations.

To make my 16's last longer i paid tonys $20 to get them changed over on the rear. I run -3.5degree camber on the back. I dont really care that my tyres dont last. Aslong as im having fun pushing my car to the limit.

Sorry to jack the thread. replacement for a 215/40/ZR16 to a 215/45/ZR16 any ideas?

My e30 is my everyday car, i dont take it to the track or anything but still like it to perform/handle well, budget wise i would spend over $130 per tyre unless it was really worth it. The NCT 5's that i have on the front seem pretty good so i may go with them, thanks for the feedback so far guys keep it coming, cheers

P.S. Not lowered, car is stock