Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Petrol Price Increase

I think that a diesel Peugeot is more economical than a Prius. 307 I think it is.

Ayeeee, there be some good economical pugs out there, not too shabby - there be some damn quick diesels out there now.

Anyways, this whole petrol thread was supposed to be a rant about bureaucracy and the complacency of people who probably didn't even notice that the prices are going up without warning or explaination these days.

I quite like having cheap petrol in NZ, but if no one gives a sh*t about it then fairly soon it'll hit $1.50 p/L, i'd just rather it later than sooner

And sic, I can afford it - i'd just rather not have to pay for it - In fact, i'd rather pay $2 a litre than lose my freedom and have to take a bus crowded with the oi-poloy

Eidted: And sic, I remember the juicy fruit thing, god that nearly killed me - along with the popsicles going up from 15c and when the 1c lollies became 2 for 5c and when you could get a pie and dounut for 99c back when you could actually order a pie and dounut in the mornings at school :angry:

Edited by ///Carl

Guest Andrew

And sic, I can afford it - i'd just rather not have to pay for it - In fact, i'd rather pay $2 a litre than lose my freedom and have to take a bus crowded with the oi-poloy

Eidted: And sic, I remember the juicy fruit thing, god that nearly killed me - along with the popsicles going up from 15c and when the 1c lollies became 2 for 5c and when you could get a pie and dounut for 99c back when you could actually order a pie and dounut in the mornings at school :angry:

heh your like all of 26 and ALREADY going - ... "back in my day.. "

Yeah I know, was all wine'd up and after reminescing the juicy fruit thing everything else from that year just come back to me - but I tell you what young squirt, you had it so much easy than I did back in the day :P

you could get a pie and dounut for 99c back when you could actually order a pie and dounut in the mornings at school :angry:

haha the order a pie and apple turnover, that was the key for me..

ahh all for the mighty $1.00 those were the days

haha the order a pie and apple turnover, that was the key for me..

ahh all for the mighty $1.00 those were the days

ahh yes, and $1.00 was a real note too, not a small coin.

Guest Spargo

Petrol is pretty good, outr diesel is shite, far too much sulpher content.

Anyone remember the garbage pail kids?

I could run through a list of stuff that marketing genius knew we had to have

It was the bubble gum stickers that cards I remember the most

Yeah, garbage pale kids, star wars cards that we used to play flicksies against the wall with, knight rider stickers, gi joes, crazy balls...then came atari 2600 and nintendo followed by commodore 64's and sega and amiga 500's...it all went down hill after that :lol:

Far out GI Joes were awesome. Coooobbrrraaaa!

Hmm this thread is getting a bit random.

I'd have no problems if gas prices went up in order to improve our roads. The majority of our prices at the pump are tax, but it all just goes into the coffers of ACC & the consolidated fund.

Did you read on the front of the Dom Post how much money they get in tobacco taxes?? Over $800 Million per year! :blink:

Did you read on the front of the Dom Post how much money they get in tobacco taxes?? Over $800 Million per year! :blink:

HOLY HECK!!! i did not realise it was that much!!!

only 1/4 of the population smokes, so that is a hell of a lot of money!

$20 lasts in my car for 3 weeks so im happy

sh*t. 20 bucks would do me 3 days, 4 at the most. In my old 318i, i got just under 150km for 10 bucks of 96. I worked it out and it came to something around 6.6l/100km :mosh:

20 bucks? dude that lasts me like 2 days....and i dont even drive everyday!

$60 lasts me about a month

in the garage!

i dont drive too much daily, only about 1/2 an hour max, that may be why

Posted Image

At least $150 a week for both our cars and 10ltrs avgas every other weekend for the bike.. but hey if we didn't spend it on gas we'd spend it on something else.

Guest //brandon\\

You have a dual fuel tank.

my bimmer has dual tanks and it cost $100 to fill but it last for a while :D

in the garage!

yeah, I'm quite happy. Since moving to Auckland I have gone from spending $60 a week on gas to $60 a month.

But living 250 metres from work rather than 25 km's has made quite a difference!!

Hey Brandon, welcome to the site.

I tell you, living at the top of a mountain in wellington certainly makes a HUGE as difference to the petrol, esp. when you got and auto :(

EDITED: Jesus Grant, why would you want to live so close to work??? Do you own it or something...

Edited by ///Carl