Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Petrol Price Increase

Guest //brandon\\

Hey Brandon, welcome to the site.

I tell you, living at the top of a mountain in wellington certainly makes a HUGE as difference to the petrol, esp. when you got and auto :(

EDITED: Jesus Grant, why would you want to live so close to work??? Do you own it or something...

yeah ive got a 5 series hamann v12 manual they took the 7 series engine and crammed it into the 5er but it goes though ^_^

Guest //brandon\\

Posted Image

I love you *sic, your the shiz.

ps My mum got pwned by sic, hes the man

EDITED: Jesus Grant, why would you want to live so close to work??? Do you own it or something...

Have you lived in Auckland, and tried driving to and from places in rush hour (especially with my rather heavy clutch)?

I chose to buy a place and live not far from work, so I didn't have to drive (or catch a bus).

Cheers

I drive 200kms per day... just to work and back, that doesnt include weekends and whatever i get up in the evenings.... That is precisely the reason why i drive a diesel wagon and dont use my BMW for work duties.

Last week from Monday to Sunday, I did 2000 km (no spelling mistake there, thats 2,000) 1000 to work and back, then 3 trips to puketitri (about 200k round trip) and a random mission to takapau and back for unknown reasons (got lost in my thoughts and just drove - very therapuetic (sp!) sometimes!!!) and the various other runnings over the weekend. All that cost me was approx $80 - $100 in diesel - dont ask about road users, because i have a selective speedo - it goes, but when it feels like it!!! SHOT!!!)

I forget the misfortunate fools who choose to live in Auckland, i'm so naive living in a place where travel times from one side of the city to the other is a matter of minutes not hours

I forget the misfortunate fools who choose to live in Auckland, i'm so naive living in a place where travel times from one side of the city to the other is a matter of minutes not hours

I'm an economic refugee in Auckland, it is out of necessity for me, not choice.

My only other choice was Wellington, but even then I would have outgrown it work-wise pretty quickly too. For what I do, I have a pretty limited client base, and to New Zealand doesn't really have more than a handful of potential clients (in saying that we have the biggest ones secured, and a fair chunk of our clients are larger Asia-Pacific companies).

Cheers

yeah ive got a 5 series hamann v12 manual they took the 7 series engine and crammed it into the 5er but it goes though ^_^

give us a pic of you ryde bro,

and the engine bay.

I'm an economic refugee in Auckland, it is out of necessity for me, not choice.

My only other choice was Wellington, but even then I would have outgrown it work-wise pretty quickly too. For what I do, I have a pretty limited client base, and to New Zealand doesn't really have more than a handful of potential clients (in saying that we have the biggest ones secured, and a fair chunk of our clients are larger Asia-Pacific companies).

Cheers

Sorry, just digging, I moved closer to work myself but only really because it was a party flat :mosh:

I spend about 72 dollars or petrol every 5 - 7 days ... that sucks .. but atleast it's all oh shell card and we get discount afterwards ... on average i travel 500kms a week ... my car is currently at 4000kms after nearly 2 months...

But my dad like only spends $100 every month or so .. he doesn't drive much ...

But my dad like only spends $100 every month or so .. he doesn't drive much ...

if hes spending that much a month and driving a 745, he must just start it up like once a week to make sure it still goes!!!

Thats all i can do with my one at the moment - start it up every once in a while, make sure it aint guna give up on me and to recharge the battery so the alarm keeps on ticking and wow.... total downer this reply has become....

he pretty much only uses it in the weekend ... if that ... cause during the weekday they don't need to go out much ... and if they do i just give them a ride into town or to the super market or something ...

and they never floor it .... only i do that in their car .. haha ...