Sign in to follow this  
AN E30 Fan

E30 Touring (Alpina?)

Yeah, got bitch-slapped real hard. :wacko:

I still stand by my original statement, without a letter from Sytner and the magic numbers stamped into the block its not an Alpina.

There is little difference between the cars built in Germany and the Sytner 'converted' cars. Both versions were given a plaque with a build number and both are considered genuine Alpinas. However if you bought a 325 and went back to Sytner to get it converted later you got a different plaque without a build number.

Proving 'alpina-ness' is bloody hard these days so you have to do your homework to be sure of what your buying.

Believe me, if this was a genuine Alpina and you could prove it, who knows what people would be willing to pay for it. But without the proof its just a standard 325 touring.

C2.5 not to be confused with C2 2.5 was a sytner special, and will have a BMW engine number

edit: whoops already said that earlier... oh well

Edited by Zeitgeist

Thanks for opinion I still think mine is from Sytner and I hear what you are saying Hence the $3500 reserve (which I think is a fair start point) but it is as close as you will get for under 10grand.....

I wondered if the owner would find this - I came with dad to check it out las week :)

Thanks for opinion I still think mine is from Sytner and I hear what you are saying Hence the $3500 reserve (which I think is a fair start point) but it is as close as you will get for under 10grand.....

Sorry i word my replies shockingly- what i meant was the C2.5 was a Sytner- only special model, whereas the C2 2.5 was shared with germany. Dont worry I'm not a naysayer :) I want your car. I intend on bidding.

Good luck with the sale buddy, got to keep the prices up!!

According to my info, Alpina made a C1 2.3, based on the 323 in 1983, then a C2 2.5, from July 1985 to September 1987, based on the 525e block, with 323 internals, 2494cc. Then came the C2 2.7, first built in Feb 1986, and based on the 325i block with the 324td crank. Synters were not making a C2 2.5 Alpina in 1989 when this was produced.

10 minutes left, Anyone on here bidding on this?

What's the betting it gets relisted?

Oh god. I hope someone bought it who will look after it.

Would hate it to be used as a builder's wagon!

That was cheap.

Is it just me or have other E30 Tourings gone for around 10k before? That is seriously cheap compared to what the market usually delivers.

I couldn't convince myself as to it's authenticity, pity there was too much doubt.

I couldn't convince myself as to it's authenticity, pity there was too much doubt.

$5000 is still pretty good for a touring though....

Edited by Wervie67