Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

'Volvo Lip' content

and you don't like it so you don't spend unessary money on it.

you may be onto something here actually haha

You know its a turboed 2.3L Twin cam right? even if it is a 4pot auto. lol

..but it is the same auto as E30 :P

An old neighbour used to own one, and it just sounded weird, like a big rush of air and a whole lot of ticking and clacking. Maybe that one was on its last legs though.

^Well i do own a caravan...... hahaha.

So noone has experience with 200/500/700 series Volvos?

Am going to look at her tomorrow, and will probably do a deal if it checks off okay.

...either that or its more BimmerSport incest..

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

So i just checked the car out, and it honestly surpassed all my expectations of it. It does drive solidly, and the steering is slightly on the heavy side, but the only thing i have driven recently is an 09 Mazda6 Wagon with electric steering, so thats comparing it to that. Hardly a fair comparison.

Literally the only flaws on the car are trim bits. Could not find any rust on the car, all electrics and mechanics work perfectly (except the radio on very cold mornings aparently), and the gearbox does not vibrate or anything as i have found common in high milage auto E30s and early E34s (same transmission)

Also managed to swing a good deal on it, so will be parked in my driveway next week :P Pics of Swedish models to come

i think its 5x108 which is a hard pattern to match iirc? in an ideal world it would get dish and drop, but that wont be happenin at least until the Bimmer is finished, certed, and able to take over DD duties before i even think about it.

I'm sure you'll be able to get some spacers made up to go to 5x114.3, which is a common RWD Jap stud pattern.

Ha! Good on you. Do a skid?

ill try!.. might need a get some of the boys around to lift the back end up.

Nah gunna look after this one, its too good to treat like that really, even if it is a steal. My potential new job is only light duty stuff anyway so the interior shouldnt get too thrashed, i just need the floor area.

May be dropping it 40mm though, theres some springs on trademe now for $60 iirc.... Must. not. spend. money. haha

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

^just drive up to a tree and then just plant foot... its a volvo. if anythings going to loose it will be the tree...

Right so got the car now. thought id let the pictures say a few words on the daily.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Stereo does not play radio (Jap tuned, not sure if i will have to buy a band shifter for it yet) Tape player does not want to go either, which means no ipod in car :( Luckily Volvo for-saw this, and prelabeled the stereo for me haha

Posted Image

Was brought with the intention of NOT becoming a project at all, or, if it does, not till after the E30 is finished. Typicaly however, I havent even owned the car for 24hours yet and ive already brought some lowering springs for it. But at $30 for a set who wouldnt? Drops 40mm when i my mech can do it for a cashy.

Luckily the wheels are quite nice from the factory really, have brand new tyres right round, and are a screwed up stud pattern so they will be there to stay for some time. Just removed the center caps :D

Will keep this updated this for the people that want to read it if any further mods happen.

Chur

needs a moose head stuck on the bonnet and "rednecks r us" written down the side... then you need to put on a southern accent and say " im gunna get my buddy cledus here to put a m52 in this beast... then shell go rrreeeaaalll good"

lol