Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

This M3

It's back!

Must have been for sale a total of two years now or more.

M3 Cab

It does look superb with the top down though!

Still I could think of better things to do with with 20k!

Be careful, it's ecectronically governed! for dat ultimate drive experience!

It does look superb with the top down though!

Still I could think of better things to do with with 20k!

It was $14,500 at one stage, with 20k you can do quite a lot better. Things that held me back on originally buying this car was the gearbox and because it was an import.

Get over the whole import thing, i've owned quite a few cars with only one being NZ new, the imports (jap) are actually better spec'd than most NZ new ones. They have all the same problems NZ new one have.

The guys are the same at work, they were all like, eww import BMWs, now one owns a Jap E53 X5 4.4 and the other now has a Jap E46 320i Motorsport and couldn't be happier with them. No problems with either.

From what I've seen a Japanese import can be in better condition that most NZ new models of the same year / model!

Get over the whole import thing, i've owned quite a few cars with only one being NZ new, the imports (jap) are actually better spec'd than most NZ new ones. They have all the same problems NZ new one have.

The guys are the same at work, they were all like, eww import BMWs, now one owns a Jap E53 X5 4.4 and the other now has a Jap E46 320i Motorsport and couldn't be happier with them. No problems with either.

LOL It's a personal preference, is that ok? just like preferring a blonde to a brunette, A cup or DD cup lol & I don't favor them because of reliability. Most the time they are better spec'd so what? I'm not interested in that especially with Nav issues e.t.c. I guess one of the reasons is the fact that history giving more chance of finding out servicing, accident history & go as far to say re-sale value?

Edited by The Diesel Guy

LOL It's a personal preference, is that ok? just like preferring a blonde to a brunette, A cup or DD cup lol & I don't favor them because of reliability. Most the time they are better spec'd so what? I'm not interested in that especially with Nav issues e.t.c. I guess one of the reasons is the fact that history giving more chance of finding out servicing, accident history & go as far to say re-sale value?

It wasn't soposed to come out negative, can we still be friends :)

I get your point and that's fine, people just go on about reliability issues which is bollocks, I see imports every day which have nil issues and are in just as good if not better condition.

Some imports have history and some don't, I can see where this puts people off, my 530 (Singapore) and M3 (Jap) had no history but have had the M3 engine in bits and was golden inside and had the rocker covers off the 530 and was pretty much the same, this may have been luck or not, most of the imports at work were the same, some were quite bad but that is mostly with the N generation engines, the NZ N generation engines are also like that too.

Reliability wise it has to come down to the individual car and it's history IMO. I gotta say tho, I've never ever had a problem selling a NZ New BMW, the last E53 I had sold within 4 days haha, and same with the previous X5's e.t.c.

Seeing you're in the know, we have toyed with the idea of giving our 320d to the guy that works for me as a drive car or getting him something else like a Toyrolla, it's a 2000 model NZ new, 212kms, manual, Motorsport, towbar - great reliable little car, the reason I ask is that there isn't really anything to compare it to, heaps of petrol auto imports e.t.c - what should I be asking for it? Thinking about getting myself a Monaro and getting the wife a touring as she's due our 2nd child this week.

Reliability wise it has to come down to the individual car and it's history IMO. I gotta say tho, I've never ever had a problem selling a NZ New BMW, the last E53 I had sold within 4 days haha, and same with the previous X5's e.t.c.

Seeing you're in the know, we have toyed with the idea of giving our 320d to the guy that works for me as a drive car or getting him something else like a Toyrolla, it's a 2000 model NZ new, 212kms, manual, Motorsport, towbar - great reliable little car, the reason I ask is that there isn't really anything to compare it to, heaps of petrol auto imports e.t.c - what should I be asking for it? Thinking about getting myself a Monaro and getting the wife a touring as she's due our 2nd child this week.

Even though KMs aren't a problem also people still go on about it, something else that really gets to me, NZ is the ONLY country that worries about KMs. So that may work against you unfortunatley, not too many 320d Motorsports around, mostly petrol like you say so that will work with you.

Couldn't say what it would be worth really, if it were auto I would almost offer you something as my partner is due our first in a couple of months and her E30 needs to be put down I think.

What sort of price were you thinking?

What sort of price were you thinking?

About $435,000.oo + GST

I'm not sure Greg, no idea. I was kind of hoping 8k ? It had a FULL dealership service not so long ago, that price given non M sport 320i import versions with similar km's sell for about 6k

About $435,000.oo + GST

I'm not sure Greg, no idea. I was kind of hoping 8k ? It had a FULL dealership service not so long ago, that price given non M sport 320i import versions with similar km's sell for about 6k

8K seems fair, I wouldn't think you would have a problem at that price.$435,000 seems a bit steep though.

Me insurance brokers new S65 AMG was 550k so I guess my 320d at 435 slides is a bit of a bargain lol!

f**k, saying 550k on a car... For 550, I'd rather buy a Lambo/Ferrari 360, near new ish SD X5 Motorsport, new crib, beer, 335d and some change....

The devaluation on a new S65 must accelerate faster than the car itself!