Sign in to follow this  
swauto

E39 Android system will be released soon

When I was importing and distributing audio gear I looked into a fixed pricing strategy to protect product margin (to avoid the likes of what happened to e-audio in NZ) but was strongly advised by my lawyer that it was pretty much illegal. How Apple does it in NZ is beyond my legal understanding. That is why I said "might want to look into NZ law" not "this is illegal".

E39 Android is US$799. Again can't see anything that guarantees OBC compatibility. I presume this pre-order is for the non-OBC units.

Please looked at my reply again, the RRP 799 is NOT USD, it is euro.

Also this is D99 platform not D95, $799 USD is D95 WINCE version sold in US (Also they have low tax rate)

D95 will not support OBC, NO parrot chips, no double radio tuner, no video enhancement and with old software.

D99 platform:

For fixing price issue:

Yes you are right, but it is only apply to the business in NZ, which means you can not fix the price with other competitors. this also means people can sell same goods at different price from different store.

But who said I am going to fix the price for NZ retail? I only said if I can't give cheaper price to my reseller then how would them to sell it cheaper. I just want to point out that after first pre-order, you probably can't get good deal like that. does not mean you will get the exact price from every store.

Also as a distributor, I am not allowed to sell it cheaper than RRP to any individual. (retail price)

For apple's case, Apple can set RRP, but as a reseller you can choose whatever price you like to sell, but if the margin is too small who want to sell it cheaper, that is why you can see every one is selling at RRP. But If all apple reseller communicate each other and set the fixed price for retail market, then it is illegal.

In my case:

1. I am not fixing the price, as manufacture is giving RRP for all distributors. How would NZ law apply to the company is not even in NZ. The price fixing is not my business activity! I only sell it with RRP which given by manufacture. And most importantly, I did not communicate with and competitors or resellers to fix price.

2. I am the only one distributor in NZ which has exclusive right, and I am not going to set fixed price to all my resellers, so it is not illegal. All my resellers can sell whatever the price they like.

3. But I do have to follow manufacture's rule otherwise I will break the contract. my resellers in NZ can sell it at whatever price they like, but I guarantee it will be close to RRP, as they have to have profit margin.

If some one else imported from else where and sell different price in NZ, I have no control over. but problem is that whoever wants to do that, he will probably sell more expensive as other distributor in other countries will follow the same rule.

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

Sorry to bring up Audi's on a bimmer forum but is there a D99 Android platform for the Audi A4? and does it have the same functionality as the E39 version?

Now you've clarified it. Distributor can only sell at RRP (or above) and resellers can set their own price. That works. The illusion (maybe mistaken) from your previous post was that they would never again be available below RRP due to prices being fixed.

E39A Android is US$799

E39A WinCE is US$699

These prices exclude sales tax which looks to be about 8%

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsoluti...nd-accessories/

Edited by rogan

Now you've clarified it. Distributor can only sell at RRP (or above) and resellers can set their own price. That works. The illusion (maybe mistaken) from your previous post was that they would never again be available below RRP due to prices being fixed.

E39A Android is US$799

E39A WinCE is US$699

These prices exclude sales tax which looks to be about 8%

http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavinsoluti...nd-accessories/

Again, It is D95 not D99

This is different. the pre-order one is D99 not D95.

Can you please look at this video:

this is the first D99 video I uploaded, so you should see the difference between this and D95

D95:

Posted Image

D99:

D99 will have:

Parrot Bluetooth chipset, Video direct output with new software, Double radio tuners, OBC support.

D95 does not have all features above as the major hardware different.

The D95 unit has never got RRP, therefore any distributor can sell whatever the price they like.

Also the hardware has major difference, that is why the price is much cheaper.

Edited by SWAUTOMOTIVE

are they also releasing the D99 for the e38?

D99 E39 can be fitted into e38, but need some modification on the trim

Please keep this on topic guys. CBF splitting all this off into new topics.

How Apple does it in NZ is beyond my legal understanding.

coz apple has more cash than the NZ govt? lmao

Cool, that one has OBC, but that's not the one you will have first, correct?

I did NOT order any D95 which does not have OBC support.

So for up coming D99 version, all have OBC support.

as soon as I can afford one of these i'm getting one!

Tomorrow is 30th, and will be the last day for pre-order D99 Dynavin.

Price will be back to normal RRP price after 1st DEC

Pre-order is now closed.

RRP price may increase, for those who have already ordered, the price will not going to be changed.

So whats the latest ETA? I remember reading something about 15th-30th Dec, but can't find it now. Can't wait!!

So whats the latest ETA? I remember reading something about 15th-30th Dec, but can't find it now. Can't wait!!

Now E46 one is on the way to NZ, just the busy time of the year, shipment delayed.

E46 one will be here by next week.

Bugger, was looking forward to it for when I went away on holiday for the 5 series.

Bugger, was looking forward to it for when I went away on holiday for the 5 series.

sorry, e39 model was the last one in production, I have got all other models in stock except e39

Do they have a new ETA ?

Yes, they said will be finishing testing at end of this month.I hope I can get first batch right after that

Sorry for the long waiting.

E46 d99 is now in stick

E39A d99 is finally on the way. Should be here next week

Excellent news! Is ebay the best way to get rid of the old screen/cd changer/mk2 nav? Obviously the nav's a bit useless for NZ.

How much for the unit for e39 including freeview tv for my e39 which has a tv screen?

You will need:

E39A D99 WINCE ($1550)

OR

E39A D99 Android ($1680)

As you have OEM TV screen, so you will also need extension cable set

extension cable set ($185)

Digital TV tuner box for NZ freeeview ($269 if you buy with head unit)