Sign in to follow this  
Allanw

'nother Ford topic!

:blink: seriously...

:lol:

We've had another addition to the "family". Only 4 previous owners, 98,000 miles, mostly original including the majority of the paint and a folder of history about it's life since new:

1929 Ford Model A Tudor

Posted Image

A-Ooooooooohga!

Looks great, bit of nostelga there - good score :)

Nice one, out of curiosity, what is something like that worth to buy?

It's actually for my olds, Dad has wanted one for years, and I think he's still a bit overwhelmed by the complex sytems in his E30 :lol: It is technically part of my collection, but they supplied the funds ;)

Cost wise, a decent Tudor is high teens, a Fordor in similar condition would probably be mid 20's and coupes roadsters and the like go up from there! There is a huge range of models.

It' pretty tame : 3 speed non-synchro box, 3.3L and a whole 40hp at 2200 rpm. You have to adjust the mixture and spark advance manually too. 4 wheel cable operated drums, but 21" wheels. Gangsta!

Do a vintage skid.

I probably will, for a split second before it stalls, the first time I try to take off somewhere busy :lol:

Now, all ya need to do is talk ya dad into doing this.

Juha Kankkunen's Model A.

That's pretty awesome! Especially since it seems so original, as opposed to looking like a complete hotrod.

If we'd found something far less original, we'd considered building one with a little EFI jap motot and box, so it could be an almost daily car. The original engine sounds so neat though. putputputput putputputput B)

It'll be an awesome speed machine - at 50 MPH, it'll feel like 200 would in the E30 :D