Sign in to follow this  
DarkRepuls3

Help with wheel wobble?

Just brought a e36 320i 1994 off trademe. However, when I drive at high speeds and brake at high speeds there appears to be a wobble or like a jolt in the car? Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or what I need to get fixed?

Thanks

Have you checked the common things out of round tyres, wheels any thing loose if so then maybe you have Warped rotas, worn suspension bushes control arms etc,

Edited by tim 325

get front wheel balanced and while the wheels are off get discs skimmed if there is enough meat left on them.... and that should be problem solved :)

I know a common cause for this is the lower control arm bushes in the front. But start off with the easy basics, doesn't hurt to replace things or get a wheel alignment/balance. Have the same problem in the girlfriends car.

I'd go with control arm bushes

If it's just braking at high speed most likely the brake disks need skimming or replacing (and new pads). If it's noticeable when you're not under braking could be wheel alignment or control arms/bushings.