Sign in to follow this  
darrencnz

535i M5 engine mounts

Doing the M52B28 conversion and everyone and everywhere talks about using the 535i M5 E28 engine mounts. Cant find any here in NZ and local mount shop wasnt very helpful.

Anyone know where i can get these in NZ?

e28 535i e24 635csi mounts will do, have used ones

std sort of part looks like a e30 m20 mount but taller.

have also used solid e34 m50 mounts as well , have some of those new if needed

Hey Brent

Im only going on what i have been reading online with all the conversions etc, so i am in no way an expert as i havent done this conversion before. I went to mountshop with and when i asked for them, they said they didnt have any and then showed me something that looked completely different and told me this is the one im asking for. I just didnt wanna buy until i was certain that what i was buying was going to work.

I've uploaded a pic of the item that i was told to use ( 535i M5 E28 ) but if you have done this before, can you tell me is there any height differences to the 2 types you have used? i want something pretty strong and stiff and i really dont care what its from. It's just something i want to get right from the start.

post-51521-0-75032300-1404367143.jpg

Edited by darrencnz

brent is correct. e28 ones work just fine.

So standard E28 mounts are just round cylinder type and the M5 are like the green one in the picture above?

But essentially there is no difference as to which one you use, Is that right?

Id prefer the e34 mounts with cups if I were to choose from the factory options. My 2c.

• Like 1

Id prefer the e34 mounts with cups if I were to choose from the factory options. My 2c.

Yeah, i thought the same when i saw them. I'll go back and see them again with some pics and show them what i want.

So standard E28 mounts are just round cylinder type and the M5 are like the green one in the picture above?

But essentially there is no difference as to which one you use, Is that right?

correct , the m5 one is stronger when braking etc , less likly to rip the top off