Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

E36 M44 318is Water Flange

Hey fellas,

As per most E36 posts, failing of the awesome plastic cooling parts.

My poor old run around seems to have got a hairline crack in the water flange at the rear of the engine, so I haven't been driving it but just wondering if anyone has replaced this part or can point me in the right direction to someone who I can send it to have it fixed.. Don't really want to dump a huge amount of cash into such an old car. It's a pretty tight spot so yeah just thought I'd ask and see on here if someone knows a trick to it or what ever. Attached should be a pic from RealOEM of the flange (9).

Any help is appricated!

post-29-0-79037900-1436866936_thumb.jpg

It's a DIY if you're game Ryan, TM/JC should have the flange in stock.

Loosen the wires on the firewall for a bit more room, you *may* need to remove the intake manifold, but don't quote me on that.

A ratchet spanner for the two bolts holding the flange will make life easier as well.

Edited by Event Horizon

You need to remove the rear bulk head panel & air intake vent for the heater box at the rear of the engine compartment to get good access. You do not remove the manifold as suggested. Make sure you remove & thoroughly clean out the outlet in the head to accept the new outlet flange or it will leak. Replace both hoses as well